Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

darksoul
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Shaolin Kempo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zaine wrote:

I don't think that this is right. Decisions in the midst of a fight should be happen so fast that it borders on instinct, because it is instinct mostly. I don't think that a col would worry about which technique you used to defend yourself with.

I got this information from my father's cousin who is an Inspector with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, so I can assure you that this information is correct in Canada. Other countries, however, I have no idea.

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabumnim wrote:
Somebody once told me that you could be charged with attempted murder if you hit someone and it wasn't in a self defence situation (in the UK). Probably rubbish though.

Have to say that it is now legal in England if trespassers in your home pose a risk to your safety they you are allowed to defend yourself even if it means the death of the trespasser.

You can actually be charged if you hit somebody (and cause injury) if they hit you first. It is the same as if they attack you with a knife you can't pull out a gun and shoot them or disarm them and then stab them with their own knife. And you have to inform them that you have been trained in martial arts and that you will use necessary force if required
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: