Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Prototype
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for forms competiton. Modern ITF competitiors don't even chamber their turning kicks fully, they do just slight turns and high hip. That would be concidered an incomplete turning kick according to the encyklopedia and wouldn't hurt a fly, but looks more clinical in the eyes of judges because of the flexibility display and simplicity.

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prototype wrote:
MatsuShinshii wrote:
I'm not a Korean Martial artist but the one thing I noticed was you loose sight of your target. Your leg extends and you are turning your head away so that you can no longer see what you are kicking at.

Just 2 cents.

That's because I don't have a target. But I can pick one and turn my face away. Don't find that very hard.

OK..............?

Granted I am not a TKD practitioner but to me there are some core fundamentals that should extend across stylistic lines. Kicking or striking while looking away, is to me, akin to closing your eyes while shooting.

I was merely pointing out what I saw in your execution. You did ask for opinions. If you didn't really want opinions you should not ask the question.

I hate to say it but I've picked up on a bit of an attitude through out the post. Coming back at me and saying that what I noticed is of no consequence to you and dismissing it is fine, I have no stake in your development, but you also have skilled higher grades in TKD also giving advice and you are dismissing their advice one after the other.

I think the best thing to do is next time you post a video is to just post it and do not ask for advice/opinions if all it will do is offend you.

We are all here to help one another out. This is a place to ask for advice but if you're not open to that advice whats the point of posting a question?

The whole point is to be able to ask those with more experience to better yourself. This is a benefit to you, me and everyone else on KF. I think you should rethink your approach in future posts. If you dismiss those with more experience they may stop giving their advice.

Oh and no one said your kick looked horrible of something offhanded of the like. No need to get upset.

Again just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, I can't view your video. Sorry, I'd love to offer some input.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: