Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

karateka200
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Do not order from Meijin (Dragon Associates)!!! Reply with quote

Hi all, just wanted to share a cautionary tale about ordering Meijin uniforms from dragon-tsunami.org.

I order a pair of karate pants from them after reading about the great quality and low cost of Meijin uniforms. By mistake, the people at dragon-tsunami sent me the pants I ordered, along with a karate DVD. Having never ordered from them before, I assumed the DVD was complimentary, as many companies will send things of that nature to first time buyers to promote themselves and their products.

I then needed to exchange the uniform I bought for a larger size, so I sent it back and asked for an exchange. Upon calling to check on my return order status, I was told, very rudely, by the customer service rep that I should not have accepted the DVD since I did not order it, and that my uniform would not be exchanged unless I returned the DVD and paid for the return shipping myself. I tried explaining to them that I should not be forced to pay the shipping, since it was THEIR mistake that I received it in the first place. I also asked to speak with any other customer service reps, and was told that was not possible. This person was very rude to me, and kept insisting that I was trying to keep something I did not order, never acknowledging the fact that it was their fault, NOT MINE, that I received the extra DVD.

I am extremely disappointed with dragon tsunami and their service and will most definitely not order from them again.

learning kempo-karate
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Universal Kempo-Karate, Shotokan Karate, Judo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, A mistake by the company may have been an honest one. It sounds like there sales reps need more verbal training.

I would just send the pants along w/ the video back together..(keeps the cost down).

Hopefully you will get another pants back. (at least you can be fair and honest) ...also NEVER assume anything......Aloha

karateka200
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

learning kempo- the problem is, I've already sent back the pants because I wanted to exchange those. I was never told to send back the DVD until I called to check on my pants exchange order. Only then, did they tell me that I had to send back the DVD in order to get my pants exchanged. So now I have to pay extra shipping to correct their mistake so that I can get the pants I ordered.

AikiGuy
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: . Aikijutsu, . Goshin Jutsu Karate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. I will try to avoid Dragon-tsunami. I do not think you are being treated fairly though. I ordered a CD through Century and they sent me my CD plus a different CD by mistake. I heard it is a law that if you receive something by mistake, you cannot be made to pay for its return. The sender should pay. When I got the 2 CD's, I called and asked if they wanted it back (which would be reasonable), but they said they don't make customers pay for their mistakes. I thought they would pay for the postage and resell it since it was not opened. But they said just keep it because it was only a $20 item and they would not care enough to pay for postage. I think these people are trying to get you to fix their mistake and hoping you don't know any better. I don't know if the law I mentioned is in effect across the whole country, but I know lots of places that do it that way because it is good business. I would call back and hope to speak to someone else. Ask for a supervisor and try to get better help from them. I would not accept that ridiculous answer they gave you. I think they should pay for returning the item.

baronbvp
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Muay Thai, boxing, JKD/MMA, Shorin Ryu, military combat arts, fencing, archery

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great point, I agree. You are under no obligation to pay return for postage for something you didn't order. If there remains a dispute, cancel the transaction with your credit card company. Then send back the pants and DVD, and shop elsewhere.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

Chuilli, Kyo Sah Nim
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Tang Soo Do/Chinese Kempo

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeez thats awful, thanks for the warning.
Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do

Pacificshore
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Chinese Kenpo/Kara-Ho Kempo

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I've been a long time customer with them, and never experienced this kind of customer service. That is too bad, and hopefully it was just a bad day for that person on the other end of the phone

P.A.L
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin-ryu

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

next time remind them that a DVD would not cost them more than $3 that's why they want you to pay for the shipping back.a call tag by UPS would cost them more.

MrGoju
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Okinawan Goju Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They more or less make their own DVDs anyway ! a mate of mine ordered a gi from then (from the UK) and it took nearly 2 months my shuriedo gi with embroidery and custom tailoring came quicker ! They are very rude and need a lesson in manners !!!!!

Akikazeninja
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Ninjutsu Jujutsu Taijutsu Commando Krav Maga

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is funny you post this because I was looking at buying a meijin and then I saw a post identical to this one on another forum saying that their customer service is horrible and so I ordered the ronin because if I ever hear if a company that doesn't treat its customers like they should I never buy from them. It just makes sense that if you own a company and you want people to have an enjoyable and smooth experience buying from you so they come back for more not leave angry and boycott you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: