Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

BlueDragon1981
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Goshin Jutsu Karate, Shotokan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that my martial arts have helped me in everything I do. If anything it is a good stress reliever. It keeps me in shape and it also makes it so that I am open to others opinions. Also it makes me so that Im not shy and I no longer have a bad temper like I used to. So it has helped me to great lengths.

My getting into martial arts has also lead me to be a good researcher. I like to research different arts and that makes it so I know how to research other things. Also has given me the willingness to learn new things. I never stop learning and always am trying to learn something new.

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My martial arts training has helped me in so many ways that I cannot really explain them all. At a time when my life was at one of the lowest points I started training. And my life gradually turned around. I have recieved mircaculous physical benefits. My mental state has also benefitted trememdously.

I also love researching my art. And talking to others about it via the internet.

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No question

I began karate to help me become a better football player and it did.

It was one of the big reasons I went into Education. I had taught a few of our youth classes by the time I had finished HS. Tie that to my love of history I felt teaching was my calling. A lot of people have trouble speaking but because of karate I never had that problem in school because I had been doing it for a long time in karate classes. Also taught me ways to handle people of differant learning styles and ability.

There is no question that is shaped the person I am now.

karatekid1975
KF VIP

Styles: Tang Soo Do/TKD/jujitsu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no doubt that Martial Arts helped me. I didn't have self esteem, confidence, and I had a bad temper. Once I started, I gradually improved in these areas, and I have fun, and get a great work-out with it.

BlueDragon1981
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Goshin Jutsu Karate, Shotokan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does not one else feel this way.

ramymensa
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one who is thrilled with MA
Yeah ME
It helped a lot in many aspects: I'm more confident, more relaxed, I can use my "energy" , helps with concentration, makes me powerful, the muscles have a good workout, I gain more flexibility, I meet nice people and I feel more healthy.
So ... let's keep on doing this
Good luck to you all. Nice to meet you

LeaF
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My training has helped me in absolutly every aspect of my life. It has taught me how to stick with things when they are deficult and never give up. It has taught me how to control my emotions, now I rarly get angry. I find it also to be a great stress reliever, and it keeps me busy aside from all the physical benefits. And the list goes on...

I AM CANADIAN

Karateka_latino
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu Karate do; Kung Fu.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martial Arts have helped me a lot in my Acting, when im on stage acting my moves are better than other actors lol im more agile lol
Also have helped me in Directing because have gave me a lot patient. lol you need lots of patient to be a Stage Director lol

ramymensa
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet you're more agile than the others ...
I've noticed it gives me confidence in all aspects. I like the way I look (I'm slender, but still athletic) my ab looks great (my coleagues couldn't believe their eyes when they saw the "squares") my legs are strong and I boost confidence.
Helps with the boys too

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a mom of 3, martial arts has help in that area ....my kids listen to me alot better! (yeah right I wish! ... I don;t use that black belt just to keep my pants up! J/k!!)

I am more aware of my physical (and mental) capabilities and my limitations... TKD will prove that to you!
So basically it has made me a much more "stronger" person both physically and mentally.
I don't give up quite as easily as I used to .... "if at first I don't succeed I try and try again until I do!" ... an awesome trait I believe for anyone to possess!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: