Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ts757
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you're describing is caused by increased levels of adrenaline, endorphins and severals other chemicals produced as the body reacts to stress and a threat. The increased perception is due to increased neuro-transmitter levels. The human body is not designed to cope with these levels of chemicals, and if sustained would burn out within a few months, while giving the person huge amounts of strength with no pain. Research has been done by the US military (at this point i might add "to create the perfect soldier", but i'm not like that), but it has not been possible to induce these levels in animals and keep the animal alive for long.

When stressed, the body produces more of these chemicals anyway, and it has been observed what happens after long term exposure to high amounts.

Basically, dont get angry! I would guess it's a genetic problem, which causes unusually high levels of certain stress related chemicals to be produced when you get angry. See a doctor, some medications will be able to reduce the amount of certain hormones produced.

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm totally impressed ts757!

Lori

-Unknown-

Blade13
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ts757, that is the BEST explanation of my problem I have ever heard! It even confused my doctor! haha Thanks for ur help. Im greatly impressed by your knowledge. The military actually tries to create "humans" with the levels of adrenaline and endorphins that I already have? Thats freaky! Hey, I should go join the military! woo hoo! *sarcasm* The military life just isnt my style. I like this gift/curse at times, it proves to be useful if anyone ever jumps me. haha Anyway, great message and thanks for ur help.

ts757
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2001 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the military explored the option, when it failed on animals the project was immediatly scrapped... or was it?

Knowing my luck I'll have men in black (or white) jackets at my door tommorrow.

havoc
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2001 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blade13.how old are you?

Blade13
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2001 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, if it was scrapped or not....I still dont wanna join the military. Im not gonna sign up to be a bullet sponge! Havoc, I am 14. Why do you ask? Ive had this "problem" since I was about.....12 or so.

ts757
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, 14? I'd say it's a hormonal balance problem.

Dont go too mad over the women, ok? lol

Slim
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extract from the book Hyperventilation Syndrome: Breathing Pattern Disorders, Dinah Bradley.
"Hyperventilation means moving more air through the chest than the body can deal with. Most people have experienced hyperventilation - also called over breathing - to some degree, usually in the form of an acute attack. Its a nornal reaction to sudden danger or excitement, and the signs are easy to pick.
Breathing and heart rates speed up.
Adrenalin pours into the bloodstream.
The nervous system is on 'red alert'
Muscles tense up.
Sometimes people faint or collapse - or find super-human resevoirs of strength. When the stressful event is over, the body returns to its normal relaxed state.
Less easy to spot is chronic hyperventilation, a breathing pattern disorder in which over breathing becomes a habit........"
etc. etc.
I thought of you when I read this, hope it helps.

Strife
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey the samething happen to me, except i dont get quite as strong, i just really fast, and my reaction time shoots up and every thing seems to get a little slower, i also get a lot stronger but only about 3x as much.

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are cracking me up...tell me your bruce banner arent you? "dont make me angry..you wouldnt like me when im angry"if youre skin starts turning green try to stay out of the sun

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: