Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Zaine
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Matsumura-Seito, Shobayashi-Ryu, Shudokan, Long Fist, American Street Karate, Southern Mantis, HEMA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am someone who believes in discernment and has studied this to a good extent. I would say it might be a person in the building who has burdened themselves with something to the extent that it follows them. They can be nice on the outside but dying on the inside. It could also be some sort of spirit in the building (if you believe that sort of thing like I do) that is causing this feeling. Ask your instructors about it, you might be surprised by the answer, regardless of the answer though, it will give you some good insight as to what to do about your situation.

Good luck.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

JusticeZero
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Capoeira Angola

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things that I can think of that might make you nervous:

Unconsciously seeing signs of behavior that you find threatening. This is generally good advice to follow from parts of your brain that aren't very good at verbalizing things. Just little things like "I can't actually come up with words because i'm the art part of my brain, but that guy is acting a bit like that 12 year old is his girlfriend and he's keeping it quiet, and it looked like he was flirting with our daughter.. we should get out of this creepshow now.." Listen to it.

Subsonic vibration from some sort of mechanical muckup. This should be affecting everyone there. If it's just you, this isn't it.

Some object or symbol found there resembles something you are highly afraid of. I would think you would have noticed this by now.

You just happened to be sick in some miserable way the first time you were there. You'd probably notice this.

quinteros1963
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Okinawan Martial Arts (Goju Ryu & Shotokan)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust your feelings and train someplace different. The more you use your subconcious the more in tune with it you will become.

"Don't think feel"
-Bruce Lee
The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!

shimizu
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shukokai Karate (and ITF Tae Kwon-Do)

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Dojo and karma Reply with quote

kara297 wrote:
I am trying to figure this thing out for many years, ive been practicing shotokan for 17 years and changed dojo a lot because of my job...however there is ONE place...that I feel such negative energy...however instructors are correcting me as nicely as everywhere else...this dojo also has another gymnasium..when we train in the other gymnasium I do not feel as bad...almost everytime I come home from this bad karma place I wonder why I go there...every other place is fine and I truly enjoy martial arts...so whats the point? Feng shui? Bad spiritn in the gymnasium? I dont get but it is truly intruiguing...anybody feels like this or help me before I give up...
c

hmmm. stange

shimizu
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shukokai Karate (and ITF Tae Kwon-Do)

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterPain wrote:
Intuition is often the subconscious mind picking up on subtle things your conscious mind doesn't quite get. If you have other places to go, go there.

strange, but I agree with this - it is probably something in the room that your mind is noticing but your consciousness has not yet picked up- it could be a wide range of things that are causing this?[/u]

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you are describing could be something of a byproduct of doing martial arts for a long time.

What you may or may not know is that martial arts brings together the five senses and produces the sixth sense.

This sixth sense heightens your intuition. You might transcend the physical known world and touch on other types of vibrations in the universe.

I would suggest that you keep both feet planted on the ground. Take what you feel and let it go in one ear and out the other ear; just a figure of speech. Otherwise if you give this feeling importance you could dwell on it, suggest to let it go.

Martial arts is more profound than all other physical activities, this is why religion is attached to it in many eastern cultures.

If your sixth sense does grow stronger over time, just accept it as no big deal. As a spiritual or intuitive phenomena it is not governed by what you do so much as how it can effect you, don't let it effect you. Just let it grow or dematerialize naturally.

LLLEARNER
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montana wrote:
Probably dead bodies under the floor boards I bet.

I bet it is Jimmy Hoffa.

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

LLLEARNER
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin de Becker. https://www.amazon.com/Other-Survival-Signals-Protect-Violence/dp/0440508835/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472064654&sr=8-1&keywords=the+gift+of+fear+by+gavin+de+becker

It incorporates a lot of the subconscious (What Massad Ayob would call our lizard brain) recognizing threats our conscious cannot yet.

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

havin74
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:32 am    Post subject: Surprising site Reply with quote

This is very surprising to me.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLLEARNER wrote:
Read "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin de Becker. https://www.amazon.com/Other-Survival-Signals-Protect-Violence/dp/0440508835/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472064654&sr=8-1&keywords=the+gift+of+fear+by+gavin+de+becker

It incorporates a lot of the subconscious (What Massad Ayob would call our lizard brain) recognizing threats our conscious cannot yet.

I've heard this is a great book, but I've yet to pick it up. Maybe its time....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: