Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: DWx Has Been a Moderator for 10 Years! Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

For the last 10 years, as of October 30, I have been exceptionally fortunate to have Danielle, DWx, as a moderator on our staff. Really, we've all been fortunate to have her as a member for well over 10 years now, but me, especially.

Danielle took to moderation really quickly. She just got it, and what we were trying to accomplish. She has been an absolutely amazing moderator, with incredible attention to detail and unbelievable consistency. Danielle is a total team player, and has left a mark here that is rare not just for us, but for any online community.

She is currently going through a bit of a tough time, thanks to needing UCL reconstruction surgery and a break from training, but she's still here, contributing and being a part of our community, just as she has been for the last 10+ years. That's Danielle.

Thank you, Danielle, for everything that you have done over the last (almost) 11 years. I am grateful for your support and loyalty, and the excellence with which you have approached the role of moderator. I've managed many online communities and to have someone like you is incredibly rare. Thank you.

As has become our custom (amazingly, Danielle is the third moderator I have had that has been with me for 10 years or more), we're going to send Danielle out for a great dinner. I spoke with Danielle's sister, Natalie, for some recommendations, but will confirm with Danielle, and take care of the rest.

Please join me in congratulating Danielle and, if her contributions have made KarateForums.com a better place for you, let us know. I appreciate it.

Thanks,

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Danielle, on being part of the KF Staff these 10 years; an incredible milestone, to say the least.

I've been fortunate enough to have shared many ups and downs with Danielle for just under 10 years as both a KF member as well as a KF Staff member. Her willingness to share in many avenues have drawn me to listen to her advice with much eagerness because not only is she an impeccable MAist, but she's an even more impeccable individual that I've learned to appreciate and trust wholeheartedly.

Danielle, as Patrick pointed out, has been that consistent rock as a KF moderator. She, too, along with the many seasoned KF Staffer veterans, has been a mentor to me for the times where I faulted.

Thank you for all that you do for KF and us across the board!! Without you, Danielle, we'd be that ship that's torn and battered...a ship that's without a safe harbor...a ship that's without a compass.

As in everything that you face on your journey, Danielle, you meet them head-on with determination, and as tumultuous as your UCL Reconstruction Surgery has been, you'll no doubtfully conquer that as well with your usually bravado!!

Congrats, Danielle, and enjoy your dinner night!!

singularity6
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Jidokwan Taekwondo and Hapkido, Yoshokai Aikido, ZNIR Iaido, Kendo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Danielle. Thanks for helping keep this forum together. I really enjoy being part of it. Get well soon!

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow thank you for the kind words

I think it's a testament to you Patrick and the community you've created which makes people stick around for so long.

It has been an absolute privilege to be a part of the team and to work with all of the great staff members, past and present. Never thought I'd be invited on to the staff or that I'd be here this long.

Zaine
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Matsumura-Seito, Shobayashi-Ryu, Shudokan, Long Fist, American Street Karate, Southern Mantis, HEMA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Danielle. It has been amazing working with you.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Wastelander
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Judo, KishimotoDi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Danielle! I hope you enjoy the dinner, and your recovery goes well!
Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera
Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

italian_guy
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Formerly in Goju ryu karate (Nidan) now in Wing chun with past experience also in krav Maga, Kickboxing, Tai chi chuan (yang) and JKD.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Danielle. Thanks for your dedication to KF and to all of us. Hope you have a quick recovery and a great dinner.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on 10 years as a moderator, Danielle! You've been a rock here at KF, and the community is better for it. Here's to another 10 solid years of moderation!

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Danielle! Thank you for everything you do here. You’re a big part of why this place is such a great place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: