Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ckdstudent
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Choi Kwang Do

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We get taught it from the first, very heavily pushed into our minds. Of course, as more research into the biomechanics of Choi continues they adapt the techniques to produce the maximum power.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We teach to think of hitting or blocking with the hip. To forget about the arm but think of hitting the person with your hip.

Being a football coach as well I know how important hips are. The man with the lower hips will win on the football field reguardless of size. This is somewhat true in karate as well.

steveking63
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EOM formed the basis of Bruce Lee"s JKD.
I was taught Shotokan as long powerfull techniques, using speed to make them effective.
After studying JKD I have applied the EOM principle to my Karate and made it more effective.
My Karate training did not educate me in EOM.and when I spoke to my old instructors about it they said WHAT !
If you want to understand it I suggest looking at any of Bruce lees books or seek out a JKD class

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: