Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

pdcarberry1981
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Embroidery for my gi Reply with quote

Hey everybody,

Was curious to know if anybody knew of a company or service that custom embroiders a JKA patch and kanji text onto a gi that has already been purchased? I own a Tokaido Ultimate and want to get the JKA circle sun patch with text embroidered on but it seems like most of the companies do that on top of purchasing a gi through them. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any and all help. [/img]

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of anyone that will embroider without purchase however have you thought about taking it to your local sports shop? I know when I coached my daughters team I had their uniforms screen printed and I noticed they also offered embroidery. I think most that cater to sports teams and school teams do. Worth a shot.

Good luck.

Bulltahr
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Seido Juku

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An embroidery shop can do it no problem, there will be a set up fee tho and you will need to supply them with the artwork in a digital format.

pdcarberry1981
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great points, worth a shot. Many thanks 👌🏻

David the Gnome
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Uechi-Ryu, Wado-Ryu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of my Shureido gi's embroidered at a local shop. I just brought in one of our patches, they scanned it and created the pattern for the embroidery machine, then they were able to print it on anything I wanted. It definitely gives your gi a nice custom look and you don't have to worry about a patch getting ripped off and possibly damaging your gi.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David the Gnome wrote:
I had one of my Shureido gi's embroidered at a local shop. I just brought in one of our patches, they scanned it and created the pattern for the embroidery machine, then they were able to print it on anything I wanted. It definitely gives your gi a nice custom look and you don't have to worry about a patch getting ripped off and possibly damaging your gi.

Perhaps a stupid question, but does the embroidery weaken the gi?

Seido honbu sells embroidered gis. I really like the embroidered look, but I don’t like the gis they use; I’m pretty sure they’re KI 14 oz. heavyweight. I owned one (not embroidered) and it never fit me right. I’d love to get a Shureido K-11 embroidered.

David the Gnome
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Uechi-Ryu, Wado-Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR 137 wrote:
David the Gnome wrote:

Perhaps a stupid question, but does the embroidery weaken the gi?

Seido honbu sells embroidered gis. I really like the embroidered look, but I don’t like the gis they use; I’m pretty sure they’re KI 14 oz. heavyweight. I owned one (not embroidered) and it never fit me right. I’d love to get a Shureido K-11 embroidered.

I've never had any problem with it. It's got to be better than sewing on a patch that can get pulled on and potentially cause rips on down the line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: