Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do most of you do when you've got a hard workout ahead of you and you're running on almost no sleep? I'm sooooo tired right now I could drop and sleep here at my desk. I know I'm gonna get it tonight in class cause I'm testing this month and my Sensei is making me work extra hard. Any help would be greatly appreciated...PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Lori :pony:

-Unknown-

moobrack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to keep your hands busy, then you won't get tired and fall asleep!
I am always feeling tired so I resulted in learning how to play the guitar!!
Keep the caffienne down and keep drinking water!!

Thats All I can offer

Hope It helps
C Ya

www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing like a good nap! ...to energize you! Actually a good power nap in the afternoon if you can get it in!
Lori!!! What are you doing at night girl???? If you plan on testing soon you need a good night's rest...wake up and start up the metabolism to keep you going throughout the day! I am an avid "caffeine" drinker. A downfall I know -- but I drink lots of water too...the caffeine duz boost the metabo a bit. Lay off the highly processed food and sugars....gives you a boost and then ...BOOM the coming down is enough to make you Eatting properly is a no brainer! You know what you should eat.
I am soooo nervous for you...I got those butterflies in my tummy just thinking about having to ever test again!!

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Deby, I was hoping you'd answer. The reason I'm soooo tired is a certain 5 yr. old who was up veeeeeeery early - if I don't get at least 8 hrs. sleep them I'm a zombie the day after. I've had my share of coffee today too - I have to have one vice - however in my sleepless state, I ended up knocking it over onto the floor shortly after I got to work...yeah you could hear me swearing a blue streak a mile away

Lori

-Unknown-

[ This Message was edited by: Kickbutt on 2001-10-15 12:48 ]

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you already seem helped but here are a few things I might do to keep awake.

Having a tea with four sugars - May be unhealthy but it sure wakes you up, watch for the possible sugar rush tho

Some stretching and light aerobic exercise can also help wake you up.

Don't know if any of this is particularily helpful, this is just what works for me
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

moobrack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I wake up on a morning I stretch and It makes me more sleepy!

www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya Lori..I still have a 7 yr. old that is up with the morning sun! (I have him climb into bed with me on the weekends so as I can get an extra hour in or so...) My 2 teens could sleep all day if I let them!!
When I work I'm up at 6 am but try to get at least 8 hrs in also. That pm nap sure does help!...(cuddle up and watch a video together )
Now here is a question: How do you get two teens out of bed before NOON??????

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had a 1 1/2 hr. powernap yesterday and felt tons better. My class wasn't as bad as I had thought - we just practiced our kata and ipon kumite. I looked completely ripped (no, I don't mean muscular!) because the doctor had given me drops to dialate my eyes. I was stumbling around trying to make my way home after the appt. - was totally hilarious cause it hurt for me to look up cause it was to bright for my eyes, plus he froze them too, so I coulda poked myself and not felt a thing! Anyways, I'm normal now - it looks totally cool to see your eyes that much dialated . Thanks again guys...

Lori

-Unknown-

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the healthest and best drink to boost your energy and keep you awake.

Boil water(or cold if you must) and add as much honey as you want, it is all healthy!

Also great energy to keep you running and lifting and puching.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Now here is a question: How do you get two teens out of bed before NOON??????

Simple answer - You don't

Seriously don't try it, my parents bugged my older brother to get up once at the weekends... and he got up and stormed out of the house and didn't come back until next day

[ This Message was edited by: Jack on 2001-10-17 09:38 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: