Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Luther unleashed
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: A few!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I understand your passion. I also understand what you are saying about just being able to train and not worry about thoughts of rank and structure. It really just depends on how we are brought up in the Martial Arts. Boxers and Wrestlers probably don't care as much about rank as they would ability on the mat. Those exposed primarily to the Eastern styles tend to hold rank and structure in high regard. It can be hard to see the middle ground at times.

I agree, it's true it really depends your background. I have plenty of traditional eastern arts training myself but I think it's not about earning it, its teaching it that's hard for me sometimes, like if I have a big class with 20 students at seven different ranks need to learn different material.

I studied and just started teaching (trying to offer a new class) Hung Gar Kung Fu. I don't hold any rank in it. Some schools give you color sashes for Rank and some do not. Often times when a Chinese style doesn't have belts/sashes they simply go by the form your on. I like this, it's weird at first but I like it.

Don't misunderstand me, I hold value over my rank, but teaching to rank specific marlterial with a group of 20 is stressful is all. To a good multitasker maybe not such a problem lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: