Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Fake Karate CI vs Karate Master Reply with quote

Do you know the difference between a fake Karate CI and a Karate Master?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gA1ubMRmnLY

McDojos and fake martial art instructors, paying out cash for second hand instruction (is hurting the real karate masters, that have dedicated their lives and limbs to a living breathing art form) is putting students in danger due to lacking the necessary survival skills that were bought and payed for but not delivered.

Worse still is the students of these fake Karate CI's, passing on the deception to another unsuspecting generation of martial artists.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McDojos are an unfortunate occurrence in the MA world. I hope that with time and experience, those that are associated with them learn the truth, and then branch out to better places.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you know the difference between a fake Karate CI and a Karate Master?

Yes I do; it goes down to bearings. One has them, while the other doesn't!! A "Karate Master" can spot a fake "Karate CI" faster than a speeding bullet...faster than a locomotive.

How??

You already know what I'm about to say here...

Proof is on the floor!!

https://www.karateforums.com/proof-is-on-the-floor-vt36016.html?highlight=proof

https://www.karateforums.com/proof-is-on-the-floor-an-addendum-vt41784.html?highlight=proof

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see a Fake Karate CI from a Mile Away if you know what you are looking at.

Those who have no prior Martial Arts Training, often won't know the different between a "Fake" and a "Real" CI.

Have I seen McDojos where I live? Yes i unfortunately have, often to a certain club that I won't mention again here on this site (unless needed).

For me a "Master" is one who cares so deeply about the individual journey of every single student that they have. Are they progressing appropriately for their requirements and needs? are they progressing emotionally or mentally?

For me a "Fake CI" doesn't do that nearly as much. As they are often more consumed with the bottom line than anything.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JKD instructors giving out black belt status to students; isn't sitting well with those that believe in Bruce Lee's teachings and philosophy.

As JKD belonged to Bruce Lee and not to anyone else including his students, friends and family.

We have his writings and movie examples to go by including demonstrations and interviews for all martial artists to be motivated and inspired to do better.

Bruce Lee said that "JKD is just a name" for many "JKD" has become a title, with the word "Black belt" attached to it.

Soon the title of "JKD master" will appear and so on... all without Bruce Lee's consent.

As Bruce Lee talked about the state of the martial art environment, do you really think he would condone his JKD to be taught as a system?

Bruce Lee didn't believe in the martial art belt system, so how is it possible to have a "Black belt" in JKD?

"Jeet Kune Do is the art not founded on techniques or doctrine. It is just as you are" Bruce Lee

Therefore if there was such a thing as a JKD black belt, this is awarded to you for being who you are; just doesn't make sense.

To practice JKD concepts is absolutely fine, giving yourself or letting anyone else reward you or to give you verification with a black belt for being who you are is ridiculous.

Bruce Lee is the only person that can award you with anything regarding JKD; gratification of his teachings should be reward enough.

Does this video look anything like JKD?
It is a Black Belt test for JKD
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy580YJ98_0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: