Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Hawkmoon
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Kyokushin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DWx wrote:
... Is the consensus here that if both fighters were to continue, Pantangco would have hit hard and beat his opponent up?

Why could he not have moderated himself and racked up some points or submitted his opponent to win without seriously hurting him?

Which is why I think the voice in the back of my mind says "arrogant!"
If its an easy win and there is an honor code to be followed at some level on another, then there are two options.

1. End it fast.
2. Tap out.

... and so why I now wonder (as I consider the bout in a general way) if Pantangco was actually unable to hurt Rasner, a real case of "I've given him my best shots and he doesn't fall down, he's not phased by anything!"
voice in his head goes "<Panic!> I need an exit plan!"

DWx wrote:

... As I said in my previous comment. This was an amateur fight. Both fighters were there for some experience and a bit of fun. Maybe I'm a cynic but I don't find it honourable for Rasner to have had his fight finished early - Patangco doesn't know that Rasner wasn't going to come out fighting in the second round.

Which is why I think it is more likely to me that Pantangco took what he felt was the honorable and best way out of the situation he found himself in!

bushido_man96 wrote:
Yeah, I see everyone's point on the "honor" or "warrior" mindset, etc. Although I think a warrior would show respect to an opponent by fighting him with everything he has; if he doesn't, then he doesn't respect his ability as a fellow warrior....but that's a topic for another thread.

I think maybe I'd agree with this.[/quote]

... which is a two way street, (as was mentioned before) so to this add the "amateur" fight status, could this simply be the Bushido honor code form his previous life in a traditional Martial Art.
Anyone have any idea if Pantangco has any previous in another MA?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: