Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Karateka
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, I am in full agreement!

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

[CT]pizzaboy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: blue-belt taekwondo/green belt Yoshukai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone wants to learn how to fight on the streets within three months take western boxing, Thai boxing something that is basic. Obviously, taking karate or any other traditional martial art will not enable you to fight on the streets, because one of the goal is to teach the students not to fight and use self control. You might think thats contradictory: to teach someone fighting techniques and tell someone not to use it. But karate, judo, taekwondo...etc...has so much more to offers students such as self-confidence and pushing there ability beyond their limit. I know students who could not even balance to perform a side kick, but within three months they be doing side kicks like pros. Is a side kick a good move to do in a real fight on the streets? No. Maybe a low side kick, but students are always thought to kick above the belt. Of course a sensei will teach a student which are good street techniques and which are just for the dojo, but thats not learn within 3 months. If someone wants to know how to defend on the street take boxing, join the army...Another point I have to make. Its about the UFC, thats not real fighting, thats just hardcore kumite. The UFC in my view is just another sport. If you want to see real fighting and how its use on the street of everyday life, watch the police,join the marines. First in a real street fight, the start of it would not be 20 feet away, else the guy has a gun. Most fights start 3 feet away from me. Second I would never take a person down, not a concerte, not in real life. There are rules in the UFC, no one gets badly hurt, or even knocked unconscious as in boxing. There might be blood, but mostly for a bloody nose. Whats so violent about the UFC? My beef about the UFC is that its just another sport, however people are percieving it to be more than it really is. Just like the XFL...hated that bullcrap.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: