Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just curious how successful anyone here who is a competitive fighter have been at gaining sponsorship, as well as schools that have gained sponsorship.

I run a school as a non-profit organization where I live, I have been successful at the local level for gaining some sponsorship to help fund the school, and keep the costs low. Currently the association charges $350 CAN per year for unlimited trainign 4 times a week, 12 months a year.

The truth be known I pay money out of my own pocket to keep running,as I offer solid traing, and I'm not aggressive with marketing (ie. selling to student). Also the training space is not the best, although getting better.

My worries are that another martial arts school is running as a business and is pouring tons of money into his school. I can't compete with the dollars, and don't want to increase the rates, I pride myself on the quality of instruction, as well as the low cost. I talked with this other instructor and he stated that he will have between 100 and 150 students by the end of the year, my town only has 6000 people here.

Anyways I am worried that other schools will be painted with the same brush in the end, and that his commercial attitude will taint peoples views of all martial arts.

Lau gar
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:roll:maybe so

Phantasmatic
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu, Shorei-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Kobudo, Judo, Shin-Kage Ryu

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had always thought of my sensei as a person who enjoys money too much. But we had our SWAT Team class last Saturday and he said, "He makes the money to spend it on us."
i though about that for a while then realized that we have so many novelties at our dojo. It must have cost well over $50,000 to make our Dojo and my sensei doesn't have another job. He must spend quite a bit of his money on his students and his dojo. I really am grateful to be a part of his SWAT Team.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: