Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Five Years on Staff for sensei8! Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

November 15 marked 5 years since Bob (sensei8) joined our staff on KarateForums.com.

There are many different ways to talk about Bob's contribution to our community. For a lot of people, he's the first person they encountered here. Either the first post they read or the first one to respond to them. Not a few people, not a dozen, somewhere in the hundreds. Bob is held in high regard by so many of our members.

As a member of staff, he has brought his consistent energy and love of the community behind the scenes, where he helps to maintain this wonderful thing. He's one of the many members who makes it wonderful.

Another way to mark his amazing contribution here is to look at the KarateForums.com Awards, where members of our community have nominated him 26 times (second all-time) and honored him 16 times (first among all members). There is, perhaps, no award that speaks to this more than the Community Spirit Award which, when I announce the results of the 2016 awards on Monday, he will have won his fourth consecutive.

(I've never revealed an award winner before the actual reveal before, but I thought it was fitting, for this occasion).

Bob, thank you for the amazing contributions that you have made to KarateForums.com. I am grateful for your loyalty to the community and to me, and I appreciate the knowledgable, thoughtful and open way in which you have participated here over the last (nearly) 9 years.

Sincerely,

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

LLLEARNER
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. I know in my short time here you have provided great insight and valuable assistance.

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

Lowkickr
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Judo, Kyokushin, Kenpo, Wing Chun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations sir.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Bob. Patrick wasn't making things up when he said you're one of the first people to greet newbies, answer their posts, etc. It was your posts that stuck out the most to me when I first found the forum. You made the single biggest impression on me when I started lurking here, and you're one of the main reasons why I registered and started posting. Of course there were others, but you stuck out the most.

Don't know how else to say it, other than thank you.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Bob, on this milestone! You truly are an embodiment of what this community is, and I am proud to call you friend. Congrats!

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on 5 years Bob. Community Spirit sums it up. Can't think of anyone more deserving.

tallgeese
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Gokei Ryu Kempo Jutsu, MMA, Shootfighting, boxing, kickboxing, JKD, Pekiti Tersia Kali

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Bob! Your presence here is always appreciated.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!

I'm blown away!! 5 years?! Time surely does fly when you're having fun with friends, and I do consider each and everyone of you as my friends, in and out of the MA.

I must admit, that as I read each of everyone's post to me, and about me, I became emotional, so much so, that I cried. To have acceptance of others is vitally important, but to have respect as well is tantamount!!

Words can never express adequately just how much KarateForums.com and my friends (YOU!!) mean to me on a daily basis. I thank you, each and everyone of you for all that you done, as well as, the kind and thoughtful words you each spoke.

Thank you, everyone!!

mazzybear
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Wado Kai

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Bob!! You were definitely the first person to respond to my first post on KF and your welcoming manner really struck a chord with me. Thanks for all your contributions you've made in the past and, undoubtedly will make in the future.

Mo.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Patrick, LLLEARNER, lowkickr, JR 137 (JR), bushido_man96 (Brian), DWx (Danielle), tallgeese (Alex), and mazzybear (Mo) for your kind and thoughtful words!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: