Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Flexibility: Tugging vs Reaching Reply with quote

Observation tells me that those that don't know how to stretch properly tug on their muscles while those that do reach.

Also those that tug also strain and hold their breath while those that reach coordinate their breathing all the while.

Shaolin monks in my mind hold the key to the proper way of stretching for martial art purposes, as if you may have noticed that many of their movements incorporate reaching.

There is no doubt in my mind that strength training incorporating flexibility are key factors for the success of any martial artist.

Moving and reaching simultaneously while walking or just playing, as in normal activities such as gardening or cleaning the house.

Children naturally reach for things, in time they like adults learn not to, perhaps it is time to relearn what was once a normal way of being and stay younger than otherwise would.

Reaching for the top will need your participation, to go out on a limb, I believe it is worth it, what do you think?

Are you going to give reaching a try for a time to see how different things can be, if so try doing it as if you are a Shaolin monk?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: