Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

tallgeese
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Gokei Ryu Kempo Jutsu, MMA, Shootfighting, boxing, kickboxing, JKD, Pekiti Tersia Kali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I'll check his site out.

cross
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I agree. I am really enjoying his book, so much so that I ordered two more of his works. He is very practical in his approaches to the concepts of kata, and I am going to be looking into incorporating some of it into my own forms training.

Which 2 did you order? "Throws for strikers" makes reference to many taekwondo forms and where you can find the throwing techniques within them. But im sure you would have noticed that you can find many of the movements that are shown from karate forms within your own forms already.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cross wrote:
bushido_man96 wrote:
I agree. I am really enjoying his book, so much so that I ordered two more of his works. He is very practical in his approaches to the concepts of kata, and I am going to be looking into incorporating some of it into my own forms training.

Which 2 did you order? "Throws for strikers" makes reference to many taekwondo forms and where you can find the throwing techniques within them. But im sure you would have noticed that you can find many of the movements that are shown from karate forms within your own forms already.

I ordered Throws for Strikers, and Karate's Grappling Methods. I also have Stuart Paul Anslow's book Ch'ang Hon Taekwon-do Hae Sul, which is essentially Bunkai-Jutsu for the first 7 ITF TKD forms. I plan on researching all of the material thouroghly, so that I can perhaps put some kind of forms/self-defense applications together. I also noticed another Abernethy title, called Arm Locks for all Styles. I plan on adding this one to my library soon, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: