Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Share Your Testing, Grading, or Promotion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Havoc88
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Grading requirements Reply with quote

I just started shotokan karate, and I was just wondering if there was a website or something that could tell me what I have to know well for my first grading test. So from white belt to yellow belt, from 8th kyu to 7th kyu.

Maby this is not a standard in all schools but maby you guy's can give me some guidelines.

The reason why I ask is because a lot of times I train with higher graded karateka's so I do not only get teached what I have to know for my first grading. Allthough training with higher ranked members is very good in my opinion, it does get me confused on what to know.

Since I really like it, I will work hard to pass the first belttest. Not that I know when it is going to be or something.

So maby some of you shotokan guy's can remember their first belttest and are willing to tell me what I should be able to do.

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Currently: 7th kyu, yellow belt

lordtariel
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: (Past)Judo, Yang Family Tai Chi, (Current)Shito-Ryu Karate, Kobudo(Tonfajitsu)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That can be hard because it varies from dojo to dojo and organization to organization. We have a record book of requriements and we have to get sign off on all the requirements before we can test. My sugguestion is to ask your sensei and see if you can get a list of requirements.

MisterRadley
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: ITF TKD, some Jujitsu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordtariel's right. It's going to be hard to find somewhere which lists all the requirements for Shotokan, as they vary. You'd be better off asking your sensei for the requirements.

Good luck in Shotokan!

Havoc88
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guy´s, I will just go and ask my sensei then!

Tom

Currently: 7th kyu, yellow belt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Share Your Testing, Grading, or Promotion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: