Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Share Your Testing, Grading, or Promotion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

wagnerk
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: TSD, Karate & Kickboxing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, over here in the UK, Kick-boxing is alot more structured than the All-American Kick-boxing associations that you see on TV. Over here alot of associations will have their main art (eg Kung Fu, Freestyle Karate, TKD, etc) then have a "kick-boxing" wing of their association. Take for example the BCKA actually is a part of Lau Gar Kung Fu, another example is Wutan Kung Fu & Kick-boxing, in the area TKD associations are opening up their wings on Kick-boxing.

-Ken

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wagnerk wrote:
Yep, over here in the UK, Kick-boxing is alot more structured than the All-American Kick-boxing associations that you see on TV. Over here alot of associations will have their main art (eg Kung Fu, Freestyle Karate, TKD, etc) then have a "kick-boxing" wing of their association. Take for example the BCKA actually is a part of Lau Gar Kung Fu, another example is Wutan Kung Fu & Kick-boxing, in the area TKD associations are opening up their wings on Kick-boxing.

-Ken

I see. Very interesting. I kind of like that idea. I have seen that Savate has kind of a rank indication by the color of the gloves that the fighter wears. I thought that was kind of cool as well.

wagnerk
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: TSD, Karate & Kickboxing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I like that way too, it was strange at first (for me) coming from a traditional background. But after seeing and joining it, it kinda made sense

-Ken

Syphax
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Tang Soo Do

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most schools don't withhold results for Gup(Underbelt) tests. However, for Dan testing results are usually held for one of two reasons:

1. The legitimately need the time to process scores, update membership information, order belts, etc.

2. They want to be sure that you won't just take the belt and leave.

I will be testing for my Sam Dan in six days. I won't know whether I passed or not until about December. Which is why I am shooting to earn the "Best of Test" award. Not only is it good to push myself as far as I can go, but also, if I earn "Best of Test" then I can pretty much know I passed. If not, everyone failed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Share Your Testing, Grading, or Promotion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: