Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

SBN Doug
KF VIP

Styles: Kuk Sool Won

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phantasmic,

You would see all black uniforms, usually a warm up followed by all the kicking and punching drills. Then you would see them break out into pairs for techniques practice. Next, depending on the level of class you're watching, would be weapons.

Those are pretty standard, beyond that is up to the instructor. I know of some good dojangs in the Chicago area, met the students and instructors at some of our competitions. Where is the one you're referring to?

mastertae
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

going onto your stomach in tkd should not have been emphasised! TKD has specific techniques used to get back on your feet...i have learned from from 2 grandmasters of tkd and hapkido...and they strongly emphasize not to go on your back...there are also proper ways to fall...there are only a few instance were a person should ever roll onto their stomachs...in tkd most falls go into an immediate roll back onto your feet...in hapkido there are many ways to reverse a persons attack...

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have to say the basic style of taekwon do or hapkido is not to wind up in that postion in the first place..taekwon do being a primary striking art..and hapkido..throws and takedowns and then finishing your oppent afterwards....as far as grappling..this is totally a different art..more so emphassing wrestling or jiu jitsu....once your on the ground its a battle of what skills you have in that type of fighting...doesnt mean that taekwondo has that nor hapkido..its just a different type of fighting...that traditional..taekowndo or hapkido have no dominace in that area..soo if you do for some reason wind up in that perdicament.unless you have experience in grapling or wrestling..your in trouble...i had a jiu jitsu practioner challenge me about two weeks ago..saying if you dont knock me out..he would choke me out no problem once he got me on the floor.. and im sure he would have..so what did i do??..i did not let that happen i round house kicked him in the head and that was that..doesnt mean if he got a hold of me he would not have done as he said..but saying one thing and actually being able to do it dont mean nothing!!.sure if you got me on the ground and i was not trained to fight there i would have been in trouble..but im not your average guy who will just let you throw me onto the ground..im a big guy and i strike very hard..soo if you could get past that then you might have a chance...but at the same time you have to see my mindset..if i hit you..wheter it be a kick or a punch.that is what i train in..and i really hit hard with either or..if you survive that then illl worry about getting on the floor and grappling wih you..other then that im gonna hurt you..

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: