Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Rainbow_Warrior
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Now : MMA/luta livre/Thai , before :Kung fu,kick boxing , boxing, amateur wrestling

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: handling mad relatives Reply with quote

Well...today I had a family BBQ... and my cousin who is around my age ( he is 25 im 22 ) got mad...
We were wrestling in a kiddy, friendly way on the grass in the yard after the meal ( he has 0 technique)...and I took him down with a scissor take down....He said....创I could smash your head if you try to do that again 创... then.... I took him down again with a double leg.......and he was very angry...
I was playing...he was not. I had to to mount him.. and he tried to hit me again ( of course he couldnt)... He was screaming like a wild ape . I stayed in the mount position...and said 创well...hit me if you want 创...he got worst... He started shouting 创 who do you think you are , god ??? 创
It was sad....I released him when other members of the family including my dad asked me to stop.... I was laughing...
I did not hurt him of course , and the idea ( of course ) never came to mi mind....
Was I wrong ? .... I know....those 创friendly fights 创 are not good...

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like things just got out of hand. I have had fights like this in the past with my brothers. It really isn't a big deal, I don't think. Unless you and your cousin don't really like each other. I would just let it be for a while.

The BB of C
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Kuk Sool Won, Isshin-ryu, Capoeira, Brazillian Jiu Jutsu, Judo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs discipline.

Rainbow_Warrior
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Now : MMA/luta livre/Thai , before :Kung fu,kick boxing , boxing, amateur wrestling

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It sounds like things just got out of hand. I have had fights like this in the past with my brothers

Well...this is not the first time it happens.... We are like brothers and grew up in being neighbors ....

Things like this have happened to me , with some friends too. All of them are not M. artists either contact sport guys....
People who is not used to sparr maybe do not know the difference between playing/sparring and real violence...and tend to get mad easily when feel that they are 创losing 创. Any guy with a MA background and common sense...would be at ease.

I remember once , playing with one friend ... I grabbed him with a kimura , but using little power...he got angry and punched me in the face.... It didnt hurt cuz he can not punch that hard....but we were grappling , not in NHB fight.... He did not understand the difference... I could have his arm broken anyway....

Quote:
He needs discipline

Indeed.... He should learn to fight , and understand what sparring is...

TraditionalDan
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate-do, RBSD.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Experienced martial artists are much more comfortable with these situations, as well as having a lowered ego.

Sometimes we forget how far we have come in our training, situations like these are good reminders.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: