Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that little kids MAs are a great program for helping to supplement a school's income, and for getting kids ready for Martial Arts classes, should they choose to enter those in the future. They may not be learning the same things adults are, but they are still getting Martial Arts based training, and having fun while doing it.

JonWal
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, just to update this, turns out it wasn't too much of an issue. We're both training in the seperate Dojos' and could possibly do so for the forseeable future. I'm happy that were both in the correct setup at the moment.

I've tried many different things with him previously; Rugby, football and gymnastics, but of all those he seems to enjoy Karate the most.

The Kids programme that is being run by my sons sensei is excellent. They're being taught basic kicks and punches, im not going to say it all sinks in with him immediately (me neither), but its clear to me that he's getting enjoyment from it. His confidence has come on aswell. The fitness aspect is good too, they do correct warmup and cool down, stretching. but the classes can vary anything from dodgeball to combinations.

He had a sort of Kids Class Christmas tournament several weekends ago and came in first place, the Kata was just 3 kicks and a punch with 'Kiai', the kumite was punching and kicking a bag for 1 minute. He did this infront of about 30 other Karate students and 60 odd parents, which would have been unheard of previously.

I know that not everyone's a fan of Karate being taught at a young age, but im not planning on pressurising him to attend if he doesnt enjoy. At least if he does chose to continue after he's 5 years old, he should have a good basic foundation.

Zaine
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Matsumura-Seito, Shobayashi-Ryu, Shudokan, Long Fist, American Street Karate, Southern Mantis, HEMA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: