Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've probably done too much too fast...give your legs a couple days rest....you should also not be pressing dowm when rolling, just use the weight of the object.

The use of medicine will help reduce "healing" time.

babysteffee
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry...but why is anyone conditioning their shins in the first place. I mean, the nerve endings explanation sounds sensible...but in the case of having tough skin, what does that do? Surely it's not the actual skin that does the damage to the apponent anyway...and underneath the skin is just bone....kicking trees would probably break it.

And surely nobody is really mad enough to kick a tree these days A bag is pretty tough anyway, 100 kicks a day on that a day would sure to be enough.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This type of shin tempering is typical to muay thai training wherein kicks and blocks are often executed using the shins. Just imagine slamming a cross shin block into an incoming roundhouse kick. You better have strong shin bones!
Deby
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: