Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Majbt
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Ho Kuk Mu Sul? Hapkido Reply with quote

Hi I'm new to the forums. First let me say my martial arts experience is 1.5 years with an intermediate rank belt in Chun Kuk Do. If you are not familiar with CKD, it is Chuck Norris style of karate. I quit about a year ago due to some health reasons and also due to it becoming kind of a McDojo environment. Well I miss training so I was checking into another school in my area that has classes 3 nights a week for 2 hour periods vs the 45 min classes 2 x a week I was getting with CKD. Anyway I did some checking out of the school which is nothing compared to my previous dojo. It's just a little out of the way place and the grandmaster is in his 50s and has numerous academic as well as martial arts degrees. I know tthat there's a lot of people calling themselves grandmasters running around but after talking with a student online and calling the school I'm interested in the art. And the instructor seems genuine. I know what hapkido is but he teaches ho kuk mu sul with hapkido which he told me meant all nation martial art in korean or something like that. Has anyone here ever heard of ho kuk mu sul. Aside from some YouTube videos I can't find much about it. I'm going to visit the dojang soon and hope it's right for me.

wagnerk
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: TSD, Karate & Kickboxing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, let us know how you get on

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not heard of it, and I'd be interested in what kind of "history" it has. But, it may be worth checking out, and if you aren't currently training, then what do you have to lose by checking it out? Let us know how it goes. Welcome to KF, as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: