Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Disturbed
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all assuming that the stance was Kiba Dachi, it could have easily been Fudo Dachi or Sochin Dachi

stonecrusher69
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: MCM WING CHUN

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I practice kung fu and the function of the horse stance has many as some people brought up,but what about Ki developement.The horse stance is a good stance for this.That is why you should spend a lone time doing this if anything else.I practice my horse everyday which is a little different then the traditional house ,but the main purpose is the same.In Karate in general, do they teach this,or not stressed anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Taikudo-ka
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone explain the "1000 pound horse stance" of Hung Gar? How does it differ from the "normal" horse stance?
I've come across a few references to it online, and also mentioned in the Bubishi.
What is the secret to an "immovable" horse stance? In Taikudo we have the low front stance as our solid, immovable stance. Not much is made of horse stance except as a physical training aid, eg springing up from horse stance to throw a front kick...

Bitseach
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Sensei doesn't really get into "ki" etc (a shame in my view) - what do you mean when you say the horse stance develops this?

stonecrusher69
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: MCM WING CHUN

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitseach
That's to bad your sensei does not get into KI developement.What I ment about the horse stance being and developing KI is the horse is usually the first thing that is taught,and from siting in the horse without moving makes the KI in the body to start to move and from this you can send your KI to any part of the body. From stillness comes movement( your KI).This is the fast and simple explination because it would take me a long time to explain it in detail but I hope you understand what I'm taking about.If you only practice the external part of karate and not the internal parts then your missing something real important and you won't reach the highest level in your karate. I hope I help a little.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: