Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to have gone a bit off topic from the original question. It wasn't is kickboxing considered a martial art or not, he asked how to progress from one belt to the next.

Generally there is a standard set for each belt which you must be able to demonstrate competently before you can 'grade' for the belt. Your instructor generally doesn't ask you to grade unless he thinks you're ready, because it looks bad on his part to have students do a poor grading which they're not ready, or students at high levels which don't show high levels of profiency.. You then have to demonstrate your knowledge and ability at the grading to be awarded the belt.

With that being said, there are dojos that hand you the belt regardless of whether you deserve it or not, as long as you pay the $$$.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: