Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about something along the order of a simon or Sempai says? Monkeygirl your student should be on equal footing with everyone else on that one. Or since you say his from is so good maybe better ground. And as a added variation to that have those who do the correct response take a step forward and those who do the wrong technique take a step backward or stay where they are. Winner is the first one across the room.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kensai that "bulldog" game sounds like just the game for monkeygirls student!
As far as sparring ... is he good at that?? Maybe you can play this sparring game .... have him be one of the noble samurai warriors!!!

The class is divided into 2 teams. One team is a band of ninja assassins who plan to attack the imperial palace and steal the sacred sword of the emperor. The other team is a group of noble samurai warriors whose job it is to guard the imperial palace. For this game it is best to actually have an item that is to be used as the treasure. This lends an air of realism to the game.

The object of the game is for one group to fight their way through the other group. In this case, the ninja to fight their way past the samurai guards .... in this case this "big" student and his fellow samurai. This is done by one point sparring matches. When a student gets scored upon he is disabled. The successful fighter moves on to fight the next opponent. A successful fighter may fight a few times before losing and being replaced by a fellow team member.

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that idea Deby....

May have to break that one out next time I have a kids class.

monkeygirl
KF VIP

Styles: Tae Kwon Do

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the ideas, Kensai. The bulldog drill sounds interesting.
Sai, that's a very intersting variation of Sensei says...I think I will definitely try that.
As far as sparring drills go, I forgot to mention that he is a yellow belt...in our school, that means he has about 6 months before he can begin to make contact in sparring. However, that samurai warrior drill would be a ton of fun for the Kids' Advanced class.

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Kensai
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really jealous, I wanna play the Samurai game.

This serious MA stuff really sucks, lets just all get together with foam swords and go at it.

But I'll only play if I can be a Samurai. Submissionfighter and Tobias have to be an evil ninja, but because Tobais does Kobudo, he cant have a sword, but perhaps a little foam gardening spade would be better for him. I am so funny somtimes.

No problem Monkeygirl, anytime. Bull dog is really great fun, it would be even more fun with foam swords.

monkeygirl
KF VIP

Styles: Tae Kwon Do

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I think all things in life (and MA) could be improved with foam swords

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

ZeRo
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias_Reece
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Matayoshi Okinawawn Kobudo, Shotokan Karate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but because Tobais does Kobudo, he cant have a sword, but perhaps a little foam gardening spade would be better for him

FOR THE LAST TIME STOP MOCKING ME!!!!!! How many times have I told you - its a trowel, not a spade!!!

(Cha ching)

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner
West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy
2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Kensai
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry for the grave dishonour I have brought about your style and weapon of choice, I offer my life as the only penance I can pay for such a travasty.

*Commits Subuku!*
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: