Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

mjh1969
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested for my first dan black belt on 2/4/20, past the test on 2/8/20 and received my belt. Then the dojo closed on 3/17/20. For several months I practiced hard in my garage because I was still in great shape after preparing for my black belt test for the last 4 months. Sensei had all of the black belts join Whatsapp so he can send us weekly lessons. We did that happily for 2 months and then the dojo reopened in June for about 4 weeks, then due to the rising of coronavirus cases in Orange County, CA, we shut down again (bummer). During that time Sensei held kids and adult classes in the park 2 days a week. On the other 3 days a week I would practice at my home in my garage. I have 2 punching bags, an elliptical and mats so I am staying consistent.

The dojo has re-opened and I recommended to Sensei to still teach classes in the park and a few in the dojo to capture students who are afraid to train indoors. He took my advice and so far training has been great. Since I have a key to the dojo, I sneak in there when I am bored training at home and practice and disinfect once I am done. We lost about 40% of our students due to the pandemic. There were about 3 black belts caught up in that lost.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: