Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Himokiri Karate
Member of the Month
Member of the Month

Styles: Boxing, Korean Karate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: How is it that Lloyd Irvin is still a teacher??? Reply with quote

EDIT: My Mistake! This thread should be in the politics section since its in regards to law. I just realized this is gma section, my bad!

This is a question for ALL martial arts instructors/stylist in regards to lloyd irvin.

Lloyd Irvin is a famous jujitsu coach who has worked with brandon vera and other ufcers. Recently I heard two of his male students s-assaulted a fellow female student of his in a parking lot and now !

He also has a history of gang assault of a female back in the 90s as well. This blows my mind, I dont understand how anyone in there right mind would want to associate themselves with lloyd irvin!

The reason I ask that is, Personaly I box and do karate/kungfu privatly with friends. So I am not in the whole martial arts school scene.

What I like to know is, how do you deal with people like that both as students,fellow co-insturctors as well friends? Should people go out of there way to expose this guys inhumane act? I know some say "not your business" but isn't this guy putting a black eye on ALL martial art instructor regardless of style?

If you google lloyd irvin the R word willl pop up.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to look further into this, but what we "hear" and what is actual can be two different things. Has been charged with any crime, or just accused? And who brought the charges?

As far as his students go, where they allowed to continue to train, or have they been expelled? This is all news to me, so I'm interested.

When I get more time, I will look into it more.

Himokiri Karate
Member of the Month
Member of the Month

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I will have to look further into this, but what we "hear" and what is actual can be two different things. Has been charged with any crime, or just accused? And who brought the charges?

As far as his students go, where they allowed to continue to train, or have they been expelled? This is all news to me, so I'm interested.

When I get more time, I will look into it more.

He himself was charged for an unrelated but same type of crime in early 90s but charges dropped due to lack of evidence.

Brandon Vera and dominc cruz are no longer working together and a female grappler on his team has said that, she was forced in to mulitmarketing scam to boost his google sites and she was forced to share a hotel room with him during travels for compitions:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/3/5/4066506/team-lloyd-irvin-sex-abuse-cult-power-medal-chasers-exodus

mal103
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's proof that not all MA's get the good part of it - other than the physical training.
There have been a few big names in the UK get found out lately and are now in prison, I personally think the charges should be increased for anyone in a position of trust - that goes for anyone like teachers, scout leaders, Sensei's etc.

It must be very bad to see someone you trust and respect suddenly revealed as a monster.

Himokiri Karate
Member of the Month
Member of the Month

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mal103 wrote:
It's proof that not all MA's get the good part of it - other than the physical training.
There have been a few big names in the UK get found out lately and are now in prison, I personally think the charges should be increased for anyone in a position of trust - that goes for anyone like teachers, scout leaders, Sensei's etc.
It must be very bad to see someone you trust and respect suddenly revealed as a monster.

No doubt and lets put religious leaders and priests in on the list as well!

Sensei's like irvin shoulden't let there superstar status go to there heads. At the end of the day, they are the once that are dealing with people who seek there trust and thus putting themselves in a vunerable position.

This effects ALL that practice martial arts in any shape or form specialy those of you that teach. Community members use to think as martial arts a good hobby a great way to learn an art as well as a culture and get in shape. But this whole tattooed up, loud culture of "Im gonna KO this guy, that guy"mma has really attracted a group of unsavoury people!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If their convicted...they should NEVER teach ANYBODY for the rest of their lives ANYTHING...that's just me.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like there is some pretty dark stuff going on there, according to that article. Hopefully some charges get filed on him, and things run their course for proper punishment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: