Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

kle1n
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Wing Chun, Jeet Kune Do

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: how long does it take to develope ki/chi Reply with quote

i do aikido since september so I am a rather newbie and I wanted to know how long it takes to develope ki?

JerryLove
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are born with it, you don't run out until you are dead.

Qi feeling and manipulation is much like muscular development and manipulation. You learn as a baby how to et your muscles to respond, and you can build them or let them atophie... Qi is much the same. As you work on it, and work with it, your energetic strength and skill improves.

Someone may work years without noticing, OTOH my school has a 3-day seminar that will have you working with it on a relatively advanced elvel (though building it up from it's inherent level will require time).

BKJ1216
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shudokan Karate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Any testimonials from your school, and is your school national?

JerryLove
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm a student, so I would be a testimonial. Certainly if you walked in the door, a good percentage (20%?) of our students have attended the Qigong healing worksopt and can attest to it.

No, we are not national, we are not a chain. The owner (Richard Clear) is teching up in Maryville TN, one of his most senior students is teaching down here in Tampa.

As to a testimonial? I am a consumate sceptic. Not only did the workshop allow me to perform tests to establish I was wrong for not believing in it, but I'm aware of no one who does not learn how to do what the workshop teaches from the workshop... I only like things which do not require belief to function (so as to avoid psyosomatic effects)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: