Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Luther unleashed
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: A few!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: how many know what c-stepping and offensive/defensive hip is Reply with quote

at 6th rank i began to learn these techniques, i am very interested in the way some schools teach things differently and how different some of the material is. all of our forms (which are a mixture of tang soo do and shotokan forms but more emphasis on tang soo do) place emphasis on c-stepping and hip movement, AND pace of the forms going from fast to slow.

as many videos as i watched it seems to be rare that these things are practiced in this manner, anybody? ill post a few vids of myself doing it when i get time just for a reference bit I'm really interested to put these techniques up against the masses!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say C-stepping, I think of a few things:
1, you use it as a change of direction, dragging the back leg in the form of a C to follow an opponent or change direction and keep you front foot forward and stay focused on your opponent...or...
2, when you walk from stance to stance, your foot moves like a C, coming in towards the foot that is planted as it passes by, and then circles back out to its normal position when it sets down.

Am I anywhere close?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that #2, Brian, is dead-on. That's how most karateka's learn to "walk" the stance, or it's what I learnt and what I teach.

Luther unleashed
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: A few!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, sorry I'm usually very busy in the middle of the week, made a video and I'm going to upload it here- http://www.karateforums.com/post-videos-of-yourself-performing-any-technique-vt47122-20.html - because its a perfect fit for this thread. FTR number two is accurate as i learned it, perfectly described!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: