Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: How much Chi kung practice is too much? Reply with quote

I practice soft and hard Chi Kung for about 30 hrs per week. Just love doing it and can't wait till the next day to get back at it. I look 10 years younger or even more than I should; I'm almost 60. If anyone has any doubts about the benefits of practicing Chi Kung just ask.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is said...that to much of a good thing, is, just too much!! Who's to declare that or who's to say or who cares?!?!?! It's up to the individual, imho, as well as that individuals doctor, but certainly, it's never up to me, or anyone else, for that fact.

Imho!!

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you KF Sempai for your honest opinion. I brought the subject up about Chi Kung because it is not often talked about. I heard about C/K in the mid 70's. It was very secretive topic back then. Now 40 years later on there still isn't much to be said about it. I've noticed that personal trainers are using resistance training that C/K Chinese MA have always used. The trainers are missing large gaps in the soft flowing aspects. The are also missing the point when it comes to help the aged to exercise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: