Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

kungfumaster
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Little bit of this a little bit of that mainly preying mantis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: How to make own punching bag? Reply with quote

sdfsdf

White_Tiger
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kungfumaster punching bags are cheap. You will spend more on materials and your time for something that probably won't be any good to workout on. I say spend the money!!!

wrestlingkaratechamp
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Brown belt shotkan karate/black belt 1st dan BJJ(8 years) high school wrestling champion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

70$ buy one my friend

Guy_Who_Fights
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you all talking about!? It is EASY to make a punching bag! Get some used carpet (either stuff of your own that you won't use again, or go out on junk day and find some), roll the carpet up, use a saw (a normal saw that you power yourself works best) to cut the carpet to the desired height of your punching bag, roll it up tight, tie some twine about 1 foot from the bottom, 1 foot from the top, and in the centre (so you have 3 rings of twine around the carpet, preventing it from unrolling), now drill a hole about 6 inches from the top that goes all the way through the carpet. Put some rope through the hole and tie it to a tree or something. I keep rope tied through the hole and a rop on a tree in my backyard. When I want to use the bag I use a mountain climbing hook (you can get them at any walmart type place or shoe store) to connect the two ropes. The bag is heavy but not overly hard like most punching bags. It has give like a human body. If you want a standing bag, do the same thing with the carpet and twine but roll the carpet up around a 4x4 piece of wood. Slip the 4x4 through the holes of two cinder blocks, use some heavy duty long screws to attatch the 4x4 to a large wooden base and there you go. Instead of the cinder blocks and wood, you can also nail some wood to the bottom of a used tire and fill the tire with cement. Hold the 4x4 in the cement until it dries. See? Easy! I saw some carpet by the road while out for a walk on day so I picked it up and walked home. Took me about half an hour to make a fully functional bag that is taller than I am and comes down low enough for leg kicks. A bag that big costs a lot!
Just make sure you beat the carpet before you do all of this. It's not nice to breath that stuff while working out on the bag.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrap a piece of paper, with a bullseye drawn on it, to a concrete wall?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: