Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

MonkeyNinja
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks ago, a fellow warrior of mine fought in a NHB fight, in Canon City. He lost miserably, even got his nose broke.
He tells me every time we go into a fight we are to learn something from it. He CLAIMS that his oppenent was doped up on E.P.O., testosterone, or even steroids. He even went as far, as saying that his oppenent was genetically inhanced.
He claims that he did everything right. Well, if he did do everything right then why did he lose? His oppenent was obvilously stronger, faster,and maybe even had better techinques then him. He seems to be blind. I was taught in the very beginning of my training that there will always be somebody who is stronger, and faster then me.
So why can't get this guy just get it thru his head that he lost fair and square. Take his loses and go on with his life.
He asked what lesson was he supposed to learn from the fight. I told him it was simple. HUMBLENESS!! Your oppenent humbled you badly. He states that he is humble, but yet weeks later his nose is healing nicely, but his ego is still bruised.
I find it somewhat strange that this person has never won a first place trophy in regular martial arts compititions. Has won 2 Nhb fights, but still cannot be humble.
Now me, I have won a couple of first place trophies, but I have also came in dead last.
Did I learn a lesson from his fight? You bet! Will others learn from all this? I hope so!!
MonkeyNInjaundefined

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care how good you are there is always something that go wrong and that is just pure old fashion luck.

Its better to be lucky than good becasue if you good you may have a bad day and be let down but if your lucky you always preform on a higher leavel than expected.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real Warriors do not concern themselves with tournaments, they train for war. We all learn lessons through competition, and indeed his is to be humble. Get him to accept the defeat and channel that feeling of frustration into training harder.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Bitseach
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, he needs to learn humility.

Also he could do with reciting a few times the quotation from Baron Helmuthe von Moltke, "No plan survives contact with the enemy". No matter how well prepared one is, things can always go wrong. Sun Tzu had a few things to say about victory and defeat too, but I can't quote them off the top of my head!!

Anyway, why is it still annoying you? As you say, his ego is bruised. It should heal soon (in the meantime watch sparring with him though - he'll have a point to prove for a while)

Withers M.A.A.
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOu are right because a TRUE Martial Artists learns from his mistakes and defeats. I've lost many many torn. and just used them as stepping stones. When I would lose I would just go back to the dojo and train even harder. That way it would be harder for me to lose.

Pete

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: