Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

kle1n
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Wing Chun, Jeet Kune Do

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lock the kids up in the toilet for 10 minutes and then tell them if they dont concentrate they will spend the rest of their lives in the toilet.

IAMA_chick
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: tae kwon do

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHUT THEM DOWN!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

*mArTiAl_GiRl*
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Karate, Wu Shu(Kung-Fu), Tai Chi, Hapkido

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother is a nice, but annoying hyper active little kung-fu guy lol

*mArTiAl_GiRl*
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Karate, Wu Shu(Kung-Fu), Tai Chi, Hapkido

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CheekyMusician wrote:
We had two kids like that in the karate club I go to too.

Our sensei is quite a big, intimidating guy and he lost his temper with these kids quite a few times. It would've scared me if he'd yelled at me like that, but the kids didn't seem to care too much.

He did make them sit out a few times and watch the class from the side and wouldn't let them stand up or participate. He had two adults from the class take a break and one stand with one kid over one end of the hall, and one stand with the other kid at the opposite end of the hall. The kids soon got bored and frustrated when they weren't able to take part and they didn't have each other to carry on with, and when they were allowed to participate again, they behaved a little bit better.

You could always speak to their parents as a last resort too. Maybe say something like, "Your child isn't behaving in class, and we're worried he is going to get injured or another child is going to get injured. If he doesn't start to behave in the next few weeks we'll have to ask you to take him out of the class."

Or maybe even have some kind of 'behaviour time-table'. Each day mark on a sheet of paper how well they behaved or how badly they behaved and get their parents to read and sign it every week. Maybe stop them from participating in a certain part of the class if their behaviour isn't up to scratch eg. if their favourite activity is hitting pads, ban them from hitting pads if they've behaved badly that lesson. Maybe you could work it on a point system eg. every lesson the kids start with 5 points and everytime they misbehave, they get a point taken off, and if they lose all 5 points then they don't get to participate in the class/participate in their favourite activity.

HAHHAHHAHA!! Just like my instructor does, and I always laugh when I see those hyper active kids!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: