Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

mean fighter
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Tae kwon do (ITF)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if the other bigger kid was walking towards him after saying shut the hell up, I wuold say it was

shogeri
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Instructor in Internal, External, Mixed Styles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with sam!

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

Balrog
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostFighter wrote:
Just a quick note: I havent fought since then, i still see the guy every now and then but we just ignore each other.
I'm definitly not proud of what happend but atleast ive learned a valuable lessen in when to fight and when not and about the fighting itself.

You also learned something about bullies: they are cowards. Once you showed him that you are (in his mind) not afraid to fight with him, he'll more than likely leave you alone from now on and go pick on someone else.

TheAnimal
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you actually knew how to fight you wouldn't be facing your head away throwing punches. I have this mental image of two girls slap fighting swinging their wrists wildly with grimaces on their faces.

I guess this shows how much your typical bully knows how to fight as well.

Ace2021
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Daido Juku Karatedo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the best way to learn to swim is to dive in
Only if you want to drown. I would advise not diving in..but first starting doggy paddle, then get to the more complicated strokes and dives. (Hope you can see how that correlates to fighting and MA)

Shui Tora
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Shotokan (Shodan-ho, 3rd Kyu Adult Syll.), Yamabushi Kenjutsu Ryu, Kyudo, Kyusho

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Only put your fists up when you need to do so..."

when you see this person again, talk to him... Use diplomacy; and if that doesn't work, then let him throw the first punch.

Ideally, it would've been better if you talked to him fisrt time round instead of throwing out the dukes, then that way you could've saved yourself the audasity (sp?) to be worried...

"Man who runs away, lives to fight another day..."

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

Jiffy
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's face some facts here, some people are beyond reasoning. Okay sure, verbal is always the first step, but let's give the guy here the benefit of the doubt and assume that wasn't possible.

For those of you quickly willing to judge this person that has come to us for help, you should be ashamed. So much for being open minded.

As to your problem sir. Now that you have partially resolved the situation, I think it would be a wise idea to try to talk to the person and resolve the conflict for good.

When being confronted by bullies, indeed, sometimes putting them away is the only way to stop the problem. Make sure that you decide either way weather you are going to fight. If not, try to negotiate and get out if it. If you are going to fight, you put all fear to the back of your mind and go with it hammer and tongs. Give it absoloutly everything you've got and don't stop until you are safe. All this stuff about you shouldn't do this and you shouldn't do that.... rubbish. It's easy for people to judge when they are not there doing it for themselves.
I have had plenty of experience with real fights on the street (due to my profession at the time) and I can sympathise that it's not that simple.
Technique obviously is important, but for the most part, it's attitude.
Remember, it's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog.

shadowfist
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: shotokan karate,TKD,and selftaught martial arts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now since his is a school related area i have experience since im a freshman myself..the best thing after you have told your guidence counciler is to stand up againt him,only if you have to,but while in confrontation A:be cool collective and calm.B:think of his areas of weakness-stomach,legs head-and C:the most important thing of all,it is generally prohibited in MA,but u stare the bully in his eyes as coldly as you can,think of the things he's done to u,and finally let the adrenaline take over,trust me u wont feel anything at all...oh and keep ur distance-like letting him swing and miss and then attack

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe its wrong, but I don't prescribe to the whole "let them make the first move" idea. If I am relatively sure that a fight is inevitable, then I am going to take the initiative, and not give someone a chance to take the first shot. I'll deal with the consequences of striking first later.

And, if you have some witnesses, that can help your case.

Tef
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shaolin Kempo, Wu-Tang Sword, Muay Thai, Kechwa MA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first thing. This conflict was completely avoidable. if the bully was yelling at you, ignore him. If he begins to swing, to a MLK/ Ghandi and take it: you may lose face in the immediate moment, but the administrators will see you were only a complete victim rather than a person who fought back. Plus, a quick beating might hurt, but as someone on this board said: you can guarantee on getting hurt in a fight.

second thing is: Pray your sensei hasn't read this post. For many reasons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: