Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ShotokanTre
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Karate-do Shotokan (shokyu)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting into trouble in school isn't neccialrly a "bad" thing, either, though. If you get into trouble for fighting when you didn't start the fight, I would say, your school sucks, but this builds character. It's way better to get into trouble for defending yourself than to be a "good kid" and get your face punched, or arm broken...some blocks are dangerous

a_ninja
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Green belt in shotokan karte, and know a little about alot of other styles, but not from schools such as kung fu, muay thai, tai kwon do, and weapons

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

control your emotions and dont let your anger contorl you because if you do your going to let instinctive fighting take control and not smart fighting. a smart fight is one that doesnt happen. But just kick him in the crotch and then knee him in the solarplex(right below middle of your chest were there is no bone) to show himyou mean buissness. But dont get him in the head or you could do serious damage and go to jail

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a_ninja wrote:
But just kick him in the crotch and then knee him in the solarplex(right below middle of your chest were there is no bone) to show himyou mean buissness. But dont get him in the head or you could do serious damage and go to jail

It doesn't really matter where you hit them. If you aren't in school, and the police is contacted, both will most likely go to jail for fighting.

If you send them to the hospital, however, that is when it gets worse for you.

KaratekaAndy
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time this occurs, use diplomacy.

"Diplomacy is a way of saying "Nice doggy" till you can find a big rock"
- quote from post on MaP.

If you talk to him, but he still wants to fight then beat the hell out of him...

And then say you "held back" - he won't start again

Vizdrix13
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Aikido, Kung Fu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say you should try everything in your power to avoid a physical confrontation because if you get away without being hurt or arrested then you have won. To quote Sun Tzu, "Subjugating the enemy without fighting is the true pinnacle of excelence."

lordtariel
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: (Past)Judo, Yang Family Tai Chi, (Current)Shito-Ryu Karate, Kobudo(Tonfajitsu)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention in this day and age, if you beat the tar out of this guy, what's to stop him from coming back later with a gun or a knife and really making things serious.

MasterPain
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Backyard Kali, Satsui no Hadou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casey Haynes is the new Chuck Norris.

Seriously though, the kid was bullied every day, lonely and to the point of considering suicide. He fights back once, and gets suspended for 4 days from school, but also gets fame and support from all over the world.

SavageOne
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: I fought against a bully today Reply with quote

GhostFighter wrote:
Today i fought against someone a head bigger then me. When he said i should shut the hell up he walked towards me and i could tell there was going to be a fight between him and me.
We started hitting each other (aiming the face) in fury with faces turnt away lol.
Now i havent fought a streetfight in a long time, but i could definitly feel the fear of me and him and mostly of being hit in the face.
Tomorrow im gonna see him again and am afraid there's gonna be another conflict. The way i fought today was very cheap and i really tought untill today i could fight better. I tried hitting him in the nose or eye but throwing your fists and quickly turning your face away is no way to fight.
Im thinking i should come in close grap his head by his ears or something and giving his face a taste of my knee!
Someone please help, he will come at me again tomorrow im sure.

You want to take out a jpint. a good solid kick to the knee, or a standing arm bar will learn them. If it was me i would just snap something...soon everyone will learn to leave you alone. At least you stood your ground..well done.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterPain wrote:
Casey Haynes is the new Chuck Norris.

Seriously though, the kid was bullied every day, lonely and to the point of considering suicide. He fights back once, and gets suspended for 4 days from school, but also gets fame and support from all over the world.

I think this kid absolutely did what he had to do. He fought back once, and hopefully it pays off for the rest of his life. No kid should have to suffer through what he did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: