Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

GhostFighter
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Krav Maga + Thaiboxing + Boxing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: I fought against a bully today Reply with quote

Today i fought against someone a head bigger then me. When he said i should shut the hell up he walked towards me and i could tell there was going to be a fight between him and me.
We started hitting each other (aiming the face) in fury with faces turnt away lol.
Now i havent fought a streetfight in a long time, but i could definitly feel the fear of me and him and mostly of being hit in the face.
Tomorrow im gonna see him again and am afraid there's gonna be another conflict. The way i fought today was very cheap and i really tought untill today i could fight better. I tried hitting him in the nose or eye but throwing your fists and quickly turning your face away is no way to fight.
Im thinking i should come in close grap his head by his ears or something and giving his face a taste of my knee!
Someone please help, he will come at me again tomorrow im sure.

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your not ready

1. Making a post like that

2. Going back tomarrow

3. Let you let rage and anger win

If your a martial artist thats three things you would not have given into. My advise is one don't make post about your conflicts unless they are to set an example for others to follow. 2 martial arts tries to avoid fights not go to where one is about to happen much less bring one about. Finally take a lesson from star wars lol when your at peace and calm is the only time you can effectively defend yourself. When you allow anger and fear to take over you have already lost no matter who walks away bloody.

Stay home and train....

JusticeZero
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Capoeira Angola

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, the post is valid.. "I got in a fight. I didn't do all that great and this is why." I do agree that you should try to find some way out other than fighting, but if they push a fight, take them -out-, since you're still in school, which is freakish and IMO more violent than prison in some ways. In school, unlike any other time in your life, a reputation as a savage thug will keep you out of stupid and pointless conflicts.
Relax, keep your posture solid, breathe, keep calm. Smile. RELAX. Close your mouth so you don't bite your tongue.
Realize that if they fight you, you WILL get hit. In a rainstorm, you can either walk to your destination, or scamper cowardly around.. neither will reduce how wet you get. In the same way, you can either cower away from the other guy's hands and waggle your hand cowardly at him, or you can advance courageously with solid defenses - either way you'll get hit.

dtstiachi
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Tai Chi, Kotana Karate, Bagua

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what ever happened to this situation?

Martial_Artist
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: The Pure Art

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old are you? You sound 12.

jedimc
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Aiki-Kai Aikido

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is happening at school tell a teacher.

glockmeister
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Haganah, Krav Maga, JKD, Kickboxing,BJJ, Judo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with Justice Zero on this one. His post was valid. Sometimes it seems around here that people are making it sound like anyone who stands their ground and fights an aggressor is somehow doing something wrong. I see nothing wrong with meeting aggression with agression at times. The origioal poster didnt say who threw the first punch but did state that the aggressor came at him. Nothing wrong with defending oneself. and I don;t think he should get slack for it.

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

Sam
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: ITF TKD, Wu Shu, Muay Thai

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the post was valid jsut not put that well...
Avoid him the best you can.... if it becomes impossible then there is nothing your going to gleam from what people say on here that you will remember if the time period between reading it and the conflict is so short - you showed yourself that all of it just goes out of your head anyway - thats quite natural.

KUNTA KINTE
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Vale Tudo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its easy to say all that stuff about not fighting. But when the time comes it somtimes may be the right choice. Im not saying in this case it was the best thing to do. It just gets really anoying when people say all that stuff about not fighting and all that. answer this. If you fight a bully and win, are they goin to mess with you?? een if you dont win i highly highly doubt they will come backa second time. Yes, you will have to live with getting beat up but the bully will move on.

Sam
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: ITF TKD, Wu Shu, Muay Thai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what people are saying [ or at least meaning ] is that fighting should be a last option once you've exhausted everything else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: