Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Ranpu
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Isshin-Ryu Karate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also agree that you did the right thing, I think the reason you kicked him instead of throwing him is, for what you were learning at the time, it's what was fresh in your mind

Treebranch
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Budo Taijutsu, Boxing,Lars Wallin BJJ, Machado Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Kung Fu San Soo, Lima Lama, Taekwondo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel too bad. He was attacking other people and he attacked you. You did the right thing. You've hopefully taught him an important lesson. Maybe this will turn things around for him. You acted out of compassion. Good work!

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

FitOrDie!
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be that you reacted with a side kick because it was more fresh in your mind, having trained in kempo a day or two before. Memory often works that way.

As far as that drunk is concerned, the only reason I can think to feel bad (which I wouldn't, don't get me wrong), is that he deserved a lot more punishment than he got.

Good for you.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.
-Sun Tzu

Gordon Ramsey
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job mate! Kudos!

wouldbemaster
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Wado Ryu Karate Jitsu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: CC TV Reply with quote

Is there some CCTV footage of the incident, perhaps this could prove your innocents or you could show it to your sensei so they can help you refine the technique.

With this rate of learning to automatic response it is a good job you had not styarted to learn tiddly winks he could have ended up with a nasty circular piece of plastic in his eye which would have been far more deadly!

CTTKDKing
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do, Greco Wrestling, Muay Thai, Sho Bin Ju, Boxing

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: CC TV Reply with quote

wouldbemaster wrote:
With this rate of learning to automatic response it is a good job you had not styarted to learn tiddly winks he could have ended up with a nasty circular piece of plastic in his eye which would have been far more deadly!

LMAO

zoreta
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some times we be obliged to do something we don't like so don't worry

Pablo
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: So Bahk Do

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did fine. He attacked others and you used your training. You defended others and yourself, the true reason MA were ever made. More over you regreted your actions showing your intentions were not to HURT him but rather to PROTECT yourself. Those are two key concepts; you acted with a good reason. You did no't act out of malice or wanting to attacking and use your training.

I am just coming into MA and I hope some day, I can be just as good as you. I am looking into Soo bahk do at the age of 15, after seeing many family members hurt and a profound long time intrest in MA. Seeing people use it successfully only makes me wish July got here faster. MA was made to protect people and you used it perfectly. Kudos.

Mistassailant5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shaolin Kung Fu, Muay Thai, and Aikido

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were justified in your actions, who knows, maybe a throw may not have been effective and he could have hurt somebody, you were justified in your actions.

judjohns
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: korean karate 1st degree brown

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a nurse too. I have worked in the ER and now I am working in a college health center. I am a brown belt in karate and my dojo teaches realistic street self defense and kickboxing style sparring (Texas Karate, Lubbock, TX, American Karate Black Belt Association); anyway....as a nurse your situation is dicey because of the overboard caution due to "what if we get sued" but you did what you did. He could have hurt someone else and probably didn't, due to your quick action.
Wish me luck, red belt test Wednesday night, probably 25+ sparring matches, self defense, 11 katas and formal one step sparring.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: