Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

babysteffee
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do kickboxing and love it...and it's made me fitter and more confident and all the rest of it, but I want to learn another martial art as well...something different though.

Kickboxing (or at least my class) is almost identical to the karate classes I used to go to...so I want to do something different. Hmmm, if that's possible....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure BABY(sweetie)
anything is possible for you...what do you have available in your area?.....go and check them out....don't just watch one class but several classes.....ask lots of questions.....talk to the instructors and the students several times before you make a move or a decision...have patience and find something that matches your personality and body style.

good luck with your studies.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Prodigy-Child
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you gotta look for what makes you happy and get past all the advertisments or whatever

you gotta shop around and as iamrushman said ya gotta ask questions!!!!!!!

Valn
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it really comes down to what you want by "different". There are so many styles out there...

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey babysteffee...
I was actually feeling the same way last year and got involved with this fitness kickboxing that our TKD school offers which I enjoy teaching and keeps me in shape.
I plan on going back to TKD to finish my required lessons for 2nd deg. in next month or so.
I tried Aikido...wasn't much into it. Tried Krav Maga...YIKES! way too brutal for me ... took some weapons workshops and learned some great stuff. Workshops are great if they are offered in your area.
I agree with iamrushman...there are so many choices out there...depending what is offered in your area.
As women, we bring a vastly different experience to our Martial Arts training than men do.
We are from a different place, with a different set of values, different skills, different strengths and weaknesses, different expectations of ourselves and others, but mostly a different consciousness.

Deby

babysteffee
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, KickChick, I know what you mean...I'd hate to do something brutal. Anyway, I'm much too soft, I'd hate hurting someone...which is probably the whole point I started kickboxing in the first place.

I'll have a look out for workshops, thanks KickChick....and everyone else who posted...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Joecooke007
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should look up just karate online and view some of the different styles.

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::edit::

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: