Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

AnonymousOne
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respectfully I would disagree with that. A trained fighter in my experience trains to expect anything and everything.

If they are not doing this then obviously their training has a huge hole in it and they are not that skilled after all.

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Gorgoth
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading this discussion, i was reminded of a story my father once told me...

there was a japanese martial artist that trained extensively all day every day... he was perhaps the best martial artist in japan and could kill anyone in hand to hand combat with ease... he walked out onto the battle field and was hit square between the eyes by a marine sniper at 600 yards...

i've always found that a funny yet ironic story.. hehe....

but ya... no matter how good a martial artist you are... if you are put up against someone who is a crack shot and are at a distance... you have no chance what-so-ever... you better be finding something big to hide behind...

hehe...

but if the guy with the gun is close at hand and you are a skilled martial artist... in the words of jet li, "In the second that it takes you to pull that trigger, I will have more than enough time to kill you."

Cory Reynolds
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-02-18 22:29, AnonymousOne wrote:
Respectfully I would disagree with that. A trained fighter in my experience trains to expect anything and everything.

I agree totally. This is why I find it almost as important to train with white and yellow belts as it is to train with black belts. The lower the belt, the closer they are to being an untrained brawler off of the street. I absolutely love it when a white belt surprises me with an attack that doesn't seem to really make sense in the way that we think, but never the less was effective.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

three60roundhouse
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-02-17 17:18, kicker wrote:
For you what the most important part of your body that you do not want to be hit in???

What I have that you don't. There are two of them, and boys think it's funny to try to get a look at them while grappling. Mind you, that's before i kick their butts.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: