Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Bon...look like you wanna kill them! You do however have to have the goods to back it up though...otherwise you're toast!

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite sparring partner is about 30 years younger than I am. Now we are about the same size. The first time we sparred with each other it wound up that we both thought the other one was trying to kill me. After we got over that we enjoyed sparring with each other. She has excellant control and the wisdom to know when to back off before she kills me.

Seriously we push each other because we have different techniques we use. I think the intimidation factor in the beginning though will never be forgotten.

jakmak52
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: ITF TKD (Chang Hon) & Shotokan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-11-27 23:46, Bon wrote:
You can win a fight just with the eyes.. Look them in the eyes with no fear - even if you do have some, and keep looking! Look like you want to kill them, and will! Keep looking at them, they might look away, if you look scarey enough. I've had some of my sparring partners pretty intimidated, and they look away, and what I love even more is they look where they're going to hit, and they telegraph their moves, which are very easy to block, counter-attack. Doesn't work on all people, like my instructor.. =/

Another one I do a lot is laugh at people when they hit me hard, it disturbs their mind in some way. They get a bit annoyed, and try to harder, or they're intimidated 'cause what they thought would hurt doesn't appear to. Breaks their mental state somewhat..

I'd love to spar with you, and I promise, cross my heart, I won't look into your eyes one time

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::edit::

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Last edited by Bon on Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jiggy9
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-= An Important Lesson =-

Let us begin, then, in the fairly humble shop of a Naha man who earned his living engraving designs on objects of daily ue. Although he had already passed his 4oth bday he was still in the very prime of his manhood : his great neck had a massive quality of abull's. Beneath the short sleeves of his kimono his muscles bulged and ripplesd, his cheeks were full, and his face was as bronzed as copper. Clearly, although a modest artisan, he was a man to be reckoned with.

Into his shop one day there came a man of altogether different stamp but one who was alos, just as clearly, a man of great fighting spirit. He was younger than the engraver, in his late twenties aone might have guessed, certainly no more than thirty, and his physical presence nonetheless imposing. He was very tall, but his most strking feature ws his eyes ; They were as sharp and piercing as the eyes of an eagle. Yet as he made his way into engraver's little workroom he was pale and appeared dejected.

His voice was subdued as he told the engraver he wanted a design engraved on the brass bowl of his long stemmed pipe.

As he took the pipe into his hands, the engraver said in very polite terms, for he was clearly of a lower social class than his visitor, " I beg youre pardon, sir, but arent you Matsumura, the Karate teacher?"

"Yes," came the laconic reply. "What of it?"
"Ah, I knew I could not have been mistaken! For a long time now I have been hoping that I might study karate with you."

But the younger man's reply was curt. "Sorry" he said, "I no longer teach."

The engraver, however, persisted " you teach the head of the clan himself dont you?" he asked. "everyone says you are the finest karate instructor in the land."

"I have indeed taught him," they young visitor replied bitterly, "but it's not my habit to teach others. And in point of fact I no longer teach the head of the clan either. To tell you the truth," he burst out, " I'm fed up to the teeth with karate!"

"What an extraordinary thing to say!" cried the engraver. "How can a man of youre caliber be fed up with Karate? Would ou be so kind as to tell me why?"
"I coundt care less," muttered the young man, " whether I teach Karate to the head of the clan or not. Indeed, it was through trying to teach him karate that I losy my job."

" I dont understand," said the engraver. " everyone knows youre the best instructor alive, and if youre no longer teaching him, who is? Surely no one can take youre place."

"indeed," Matasumura answered, " it was because of my reputation that I was granted the post of instructor to head of the clan. But he was an indifferent student. He neglected the refinement of his techniques, which, despite all my efforst, remained ver crude. Oh I could have lost to him ealisy if I chose, but that would not have been of any use to him, instead i pointed out some of his weakness and then I dared him to attack me with all his might. he countered instantly with a double kick ( nidan - geri). It was dextrous enough, I grant you, but I hardly need to tell you that only a rank novice would open with a double kick when facing an opponent he knew to be vastly more competent.

"I decided to make use of this error to teach him a much needed lesson. As you know, a karate match is a matter of life and death, and once you have made a serious mistake you are done for. It's impossible to recover. You know all this youreself quite well, but apparently he did not, and so, hoping to show him the truth, I at once stoped his double kick with my sword hand and sent him sprawling. But before he actually struck the floor I crashed my body against his. He fimally came to rest in a heap at least yards away."

"was he badly hurt?" asked the engraver.

"His shoulder.His hand. His leg, where my sword hand struck it, turned all black and blue." The young man was silent for a moment. "For quite a long while, he couldnt even get up of the floor."

"How terrible!" cried the engraver. "Ofcourse you were reprimaded?"

"Yes, I was commanded to leave at once and not reappear until further notice."

" I see," said the engraver thoughtfull. "but surely he will pardon you."

" I think not. the incident took place more than a 100 days ago, and I have heard nothing further from him. I am told his is still very angry with me and says I am far too arrogant. No, I doubt very much he will pardon me" murmered the master " it would have been better for me had I never attempted to teach karate to the head of the clan in the first place. In fact I'd have been better off had I never learned karate myself!"

"Nonsesne!" said the engraver. "In every mans life there are ups and downs. But," he added "since youre no longer teaching him, why dont you teach me?"

"No!, I've given up teaching, in any case, why should a man like you, with a reputation as an expert, want to take lessons from me?"
He spoke only the truth, the engravers reputation was high in both Naha and Shuri.

"Perhaps it isnt much of a reason" said the engraver, "but frankly i want to see how you teach karate"

=-=-=-=

Was there some quality in the engraver's voice that annoyed the younger man or Was it the fustration of the young master that led to one of the most historic matches ever known to the Martial Art world, the match that redefined the power of Intimidation.....

Find out same place, same time IN THE NEXT POST!

jakmak52
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-11-28 21:39, Bon wrote:
Jiggy: Nope, I don't know the story..

jamak: Heh, why's that ?

Just kidding mate, I love to laugh myself

jakmak52
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-11-29 03:05, Jiggy9 wrote:
-= An Important Lesson =-

Let us begin, then, in the fairly humble shop of a Naha man who earned his living engraving designs on objects of daily ue. Although he had already passed his 4oth bday he was still in the very prime of his manhood : his great neck had a massive quality of abull's. Beneath the short sleeves of his kimono his muscles bulged and ripplesd, his cheeks were full, and his face was as bronzed as copper. Clearly, although a modest artisan, he was a man to be reckoned with.

Into his shop one day there came a man of altogether different stamp but one who was alos, just as clearly, a man of great fighting spirit. He was younger than the engraver, in his late twenties aone might have guessed, certainly no more than thirty, and his physical presence nonetheless imposing. He was very tall, but his most strking feature ws his eyes ; They were as sharp and piercing as the eyes of an eagle. Yet as he made his way into engraver's little workroom he was pale and appeared dejected.

His voice was subdued as he told the engraver he wanted a design engraved on the brass bowl of his long stemmed pipe.

As he took the pipe into his hands, the engraver said in very polite terms, for he was clearly of a lower social class than his visitor, " I beg youre pardon, sir, but arent you Matsumura, the Karate teacher?"

"Yes," came the laconic reply. "What of it?"
"Ah, I knew I could not have been mistaken! For a long time now I have been hoping that I might study karate with you."

But the younger man's reply was curt. "Sorry" he said, "I no longer teach."

The engraver, however, persisted " you teach the head of the clan himself dont you?" he asked. "everyone says you are the finest karate instructor in the land."

"I have indeed taught him," they young visitor replied bitterly, "but it's not my habit to teach others. And in point of fact I no longer teach the head of the clan either. To tell you the truth," he burst out, " I'm fed up to the teeth with karate!"

"What an extraordinary thing to say!" cried the engraver. "How can a man of youre caliber be fed up with Karate? Would ou be so kind as to tell me why?"
"I coundt care less," muttered the young man, " whether I teach Karate to the head of the clan or not. Indeed, it was through trying to teach him karate that I losy my job."

" I dont understand," said the engraver. " everyone knows youre the best instructor alive, and if youre no longer teaching him, who is? Surely no one can take youre place."

"indeed," Matasumura answered, " it was because of my reputation that I was granted the post of instructor to head of the clan. But he was an indifferent student. He neglected the refinement of his techniques, which, despite all my efforst, remained ver crude. Oh I could have lost to him ealisy if I chose, but that would not have been of any use to him, instead i pointed out some of his weakness and then I dared him to attack me with all his might. he countered instantly with a double kick ( nidan - geri). It was dextrous enough, I grant you, but I hardly need to tell you that only a rank novice would open with a double kick when facing an opponent he knew to be vastly more competent.

"I decided to make use of this error to teach him a much needed lesson. As you know, a karate match is a matter of life and death, and once you have made a serious mistake you are done for. It's impossible to recover. You know all this youreself quite well, but apparently he did not, and so, hoping to show him the truth, I at once stoped his double kick with my sword hand and sent him sprawling. But before he actually struck the floor I crashed my body against his. He fimally came to rest in a heap at least yards away."

"was he badly hurt?" asked the engraver.

"His shoulder.His hand. His leg, where my sword hand struck it, turned all black and blue." The young man was silent for a moment. "For quite a long while, he couldnt even get up of the floor."

"How terrible!" cried the engraver. "Ofcourse you were reprimaded?"

"Yes, I was commanded to leave at once and not reappear until further notice."

" I see," said the engraver thoughtfull. "but surely he will pardon you."

" I think not. the incident took place more than a 100 days ago, and I have heard nothing further from him. I am told his is still very angry with me and says I am far too arrogant. No, I doubt very much he will pardon me" murmered the master " it would have been better for me had I never attempted to teach karate to the head of the clan in the first place. In fact I'd have been better off had I never learned karate myself!"

"Nonsesne!" said the engraver. "In every mans life there are ups and downs. But," he added "since youre no longer teaching him, why dont you teach me?"

"No!, I've given up teaching, in any case, why should a man like you, with a reputation as an expert, want to take lessons from me?"
He spoke only the truth, the engravers reputation was high in both Naha and Shuri.

"Perhaps it isnt much of a reason" said the engraver, "but frankly i want to see how you teach karate"

=-=-=-=

Was there some quality in the engraver's voice that annoyed the younger man or Was it the fustration of the young master that led to one of the most historic matches ever known to the Martial Art world, the match that redefined the power of Intimidation.....

Find out same place, same time IN THE NEXT POST!

Have you read War & Peace lately?

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakMak I'm hooked now...hurry up and post more!!!!!

Lori :pony:

-Unknown-

[CT]pizzaboy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: blue-belt taekwondo/green belt Yoshukai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story, Jiggy. Knew I wouldn't be dissapointed. I like the little touch you add at the end, very dramatic.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.

Jiggy9
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 2 Coming Soon!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: