Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Groinstrike, about the side kicks. Lining up a target in front of you for a side kick can be quite the trick; the kick takes a lot of body movement to set up. But kicking someone to the side or behind you, doesn't require as much shifting.

I also agree that The Pricess Bride is a great movie!

straightblast
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: close quarter combat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for bringing up this old post but I'm bored at work.

1. isn't running away, being a track star part of conditioning that can be considered training for multiple attackers?

2. I know a kung fu guy who beat 3 guys and then there is that youtube video of a boxer fending off guys. It depends on how many we are talking about and their skill level. No chance with a mob though.

FangPwnsAll7
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Tang Soo Do

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. There's always weird people creeping around these areas. It is absolutely necessary. I would find the biggest, baddest, meanest person and bash their face in if they were trying to attack me. /sarcastic

Actually, I'll just walk away if I could. I'm not the type of person that goes looking for fights.

madtanker
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Tang Soo Do/Hapkido

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that I may be parroting others here however, as many probably have, I have been in a multiple attacker situation, 3 on 1, and as many as 50 on 4 (I was part of a small riot when we first started securing AHA properties in Atlanta). The resident idiots, in an effort to intimidate us, staged a trap, and a small riot. We were able to phone for help, and we DID hold our own, although we were in weapons drawn situations against people as young as 12... and I SWEAR that the Atlanta Police were dropping from the sky... Nobody gt hurt because we prepared for the very scenario in training the previous week. For a security company, we had like the best trainer... He was eaching us police tactics, SWAT tactics, etc...
The moral: Always expect anything that your mind can conjure (remember, we all have the same brain waves...); if you have thought of it, chances are, someone else has too, and then some. Also, remember, you cannot prepare for everything, but if you TRY, you will be more prepared for the unexpected!!

Romethemighty
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Boxing, Jeet Kune Do, MMA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MCMAP manual says basically to move yourself into a position where one attacker is in front of the other. This allows you to fight one at a time.

Running is fine if you can, bbut I have been attacked a couple of times by more then one person. Like always protect your head and swing til it is over!!! Once off your feet immediately get back up!!!

shinka
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Hoshinkido Hapkido, Genbukan Ninjutsu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a lot of Randori multiple attackers fights when I was practicing Ninjutsu.
It's very good when it's done well...They have to attack fast and not wait like the idiots in the movies.... the one in the middle need to strike fast and K.O each opponent (not for real but almost).... and move on to the next one etc... if we were hit with a knife (rubber)....depending where we were hit..we were allowed to keep on going if it wasn't a killing blow.
Lots of cardio! but was pretty cool!

Ulubis Minor
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Shukokai Karate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Fighting many guys, If they have a "Leader" go at him, If your blocked from an exit. If they have no set "Leader" then try to get out of there by getting one or two to make an exit.

darksoul
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Shaolin Kempo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did free defense against multiple attackers last night after the lower ranks went home. It was the black belts (me and two others) and a blue belt who's better than most. Basically one stood in the middle and the 3 others would attack with no warning. The attacks would range from holds, strikes, club strikes, knife stabs, and 2/3 man combo attacks. It was epic. I think I finally proved to my new dojo that I am deserving of my rank (I felt like a very crappy shodan since joining because I had to relearn everything in their way)

Ulubis Minor wrote:
When Fighting many guys, If they have a "Leader" go at him, If your blocked from an exit. If they have no set "Leader" then try to get out of there by getting one or two to make an exit.

It actually depends, if he's the closest to you and easier, sure, but if he's in the back, take out the one that you can get to the fastest and dispatch the fastest. The morale of the "leader" will be affected if one of his cronies gets taken out in one and a half second and that will trickle down to his other cronies.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darksoul wrote:
It actually depends, if he's the closest to you and easier, sure, but if he's in the back, take out the one that you can get to the fastest and dispatch the fastest. The morale of the "leader" will be affected if one of his cronies gets taken out in one and a half second and that will trickle down to his other cronies.

I agree. The "take out the leader" idea is a good one, but it shouldn't be carried out unless its feasible at the time. If you are that outnumbered, and have to do some fighting, then you just have to start neutralizing threats. Find a stick or something, fast, and use it much.

Harkon72
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Okinawan Karate, Aikido, Ninpo.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, if you can cut the head off the beast, then you have a chance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: