Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

tatsujin
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Ryusei-ha Ryukyu Kempo Karate-jutsu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: Is there any interest in iron palm training? Reply with quote

So, before I ask my full question...a little bit of a backstory is needed I think.

Back in the early to mid 1990's, I started seeing a very well know traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) doctor and acupuncturist. Additionally, he is also a very highly ranked martial artist. To keep the story short, he was very interested in my knowledge of TCM and the points that he was using on me. This lead to some very interesting conversations about the martial arts in general and specifically what I was studying and practicing. Eventually, he recommended that I go meet an herbalist friend of his. He would not get into specifics beyond that. When I agreed to do so, he wrote a letter of introduction for me to give the herbalist. It was in Chinese and I never did find out what it said. Again, skipping some long details, this herbalist is also a martial artist who specialized in not just iron palm, but a complete iron body system. Again, skipping some details, I was not interested in the whole iron body system, but he did agree to teach me iron palm. But, there were some restrictions placed upon me as to what I could teach or "publish". I guess a better way to say it is what I could "make known". This herbalist has since passed on and his son has eased some of those restrictions.

So, my question is if there is anyone here that would be interested in me sharing the iron palm (Tie Zhang, 鐵掌, sometimes incorrectly seen as 鐵沙掌 iron sand palm...that is something different) training protocols as I again begin training in this system? Essentially, it would be kind of a follow along types of posts as to the training equipment I am using, the training protocols, the making of the dit da jow (跌打酒, fall and hit wine...both general use and that designed specifically for iron palm) , the qigong being done in conjunction with it and the results that the iron palm training brings.

This would not be an attempt to teach iron palm, but it might be of interest to anyone thinking of training in this manner as well as those that might already be doing a form of iron palm. And, of course, I would be willing to answer any questions that someone may have. If a couple of people express an interest, I will go ahead and take the time to make the "follow along" posts and information.

To be very clear, this is the "indirect" method of training the iron palm. So, there is no disfiguring of the hand or doing permanent damage to the hand.

So, just let me know if there is an interest or not and we can go from there.

Thanks!

Wastelander
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Judo, KishimotoDi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like good material to share, to me. I would certainly be interested in following along with it.
Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera
Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in following along.

Zaine
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Matsumura-Seito, Shobayashi-Ryu, Shudokan, Long Fist, American Street Karate, Southern Mantis, HEMA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

tatsujin
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Ryusei-ha Ryukyu Kempo Karate-jutsu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, good enough for me!

I'll start putting some stuff together and will begin posting soon.

My thanks to the folks that expressed interest!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: