Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

IcemanSK
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Taekwondo Chung Do Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tufrthanu wrote:
He may be at Wheatley Taekwon-do Lompoc CA.

3839 Constellation Rd.
Lompoc CA
(805)-733-4551

If not he may be able to tell you where the Santa Barbara Location is.

Thank you for that. I called the number. Its a medical office where I can leave messages for the school. When I told the receptionist that I'm looking for a school more than 140 miles away, she was speechless.

I'll keep you guys posted.

tufrthanu
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: American Tae Kwon Do, Sin Moo HKD, WHF HKD, Song Moo Kwan TKD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lompoc is 140 miles from Santa Barbara? According to Mapquest its only 52 miles away. BTW why is a medical office taking messages for a martial arts school?

IcemanSK
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tufrthanu wrote:
Lompoc is 140 miles from Santa Barbara? According to Mapquest its only 52 miles away. BTW why is a medical office taking messages for a martial arts school?

Sorry for the confusion. I'm 140 miles from Lompoc. SB is closer to me, but still a hike. The school owner is a physician that's why the message goes to his office during the day. Its quite odd.

I found a guy in my town that's a 5th Dan ITF, but doesn't teach anymore. He told there's a group of them in my town. I'm trying to talk him into "gettin' the band back together." We'll see what happens.

Thanks again for your help.

tufrthanu
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: American Tae Kwon Do, Sin Moo HKD, WHF HKD, Song Moo Kwan TKD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH ok yeah long way to drive for a class. Good luck on the local ITF'ers though.

IcemanSK
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tufrthanu wrote:
OH ok yeah long way to drive for a class. Good luck on the local ITF'ers though.

I'm also speaking w/ some WTF folks (Old School Chung Do Kwon...My 1st school) where the closest school is more than 200 miles from me! The longest I ever traveled to train on a regular basis was an hour & a half (one way). I would make these trips regularly now, however.

Newcomer USTF
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: ITF / USTF TKD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the long delay. Hopefully, you're still checking this.

YES, there is an ITF school in central LA. It's located in Westwood at the Cheviot Hills Recreation Center. That's essentially on Motor and Pico but the entrance is just south of Pico on Motor.

The instructors are long time ITF/USTFers -- Me, Ed Newcomer (V Dan) and Ms. Allison Ober (III Dan).

Classes are Monday and Thursdays from 7 pm - 8:30 pm.

Please see my website: http://members.aol.com/newcomerustf/

Anyone interested in training the General Choi did is welcome.

acatto
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the http://members.aol.com/newcomerustf/ is no longer working, who's got information on ITF dojang/schools in the LA area ?
I go to one but it's not 'officially' registered in one of the several official available, got a black belt following itf standards but don't know how to get it certified or recognized for real......

there's virtually no presence of itf in california, or the ones that are itf don't register on the web or anywhere to skip the stupid fees, which I'd hate to pay up to just to "deposit" my name.

stupid money and politics and power monopolys

rambone13
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acatto wrote:
the http://members.aol.com/newcomerustf/ is no longer working, who's got information on ITF dojang/schools in the LA area ?
I go to one but it's not 'officially' registered in one of the several official available, got a black belt following itf standards but don't know how to get it certified or recognized for real......

i had talk to Mr newcomer a while back about my son. Mr newcomer was training at a place in orange county, but that has been closed for a while now. i remember he was talking about possibly starting up classes again in westwood, but work responsibilities i think prevented that. He's the man to talk to anyway, he's the California director for the ustf. you can check the ustf site or i think i contacted him through his youtube page. where are you training at in LA, we're in the san fernando valley.

KarateDoc
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: ITF in LA Reply with quote

Like you all, I also would love to find an ITF school in LA. I have trained ITF up in Northern California at an excellent school and miss it down here.

If anyone else is interested in training, please let me know. A friend of mine is a very well-trained 5th degree black belt in ITF and would be willing to start a school if we could find a place to train. She is classic ITF, humble, and an outstanding person to train with.

Fewer things could make me more happy than to start training ITF again. By the way, I'm in Santa Monica.

Hope to hear from some ITFers!

KarateDoc

kmorrisonnyc
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@IcemanSK @KarateDoc @acatto @rambone13

Are you guys still looking to train in ITF TaeKwon-Do? If so, please PM me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: