Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

JKDfreak
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm learning Jeet Kune Do on my own because there is no school near my house and the only way I can learn Jeet Kune Do is by buying books and looking for stuff on this board.I've already bought 2 books written by Bruce Lee.
I have 2 questions:
1. I know some names of footwork patterns like the Step&Slide,the Shuffle,the Burst or Burning Side kick,the pendulum step,the clock step,the diagonal step.I know already some of them but i'm not sure if I'm doing the right way.So could u explain me how to do them and to use them

2.My second question is about the Bi-Jong.I know how to stand in it but in one of my books it is written that my front knee should be turned inwards.But it is also written that my front foot should be angled at a 25°angle but should it be turned inwards or outwards.Inwards feels for me not natural and a bit uncomfortable ,maybe it should point forward???
I hope to have any feedback on this.
Thanks a lot for the help.

[CT]pizzaboy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: blue-belt taekwondo/green belt Yoshukai

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which two books did you read? I have read all of the books BL and Inansato have written, except "The Tao of Jeetkundo". They are good books to read, but unless you can find how to apply what you have read, it is useless knowledge. How do I know? Because I read those books and thought I could kick as$, practised the shuffle, stance, punches, but when I took Yoshu-Kai Karate, I got beatup by a green belt.

Answers:
1. If you have read the books, you should know.

2. The point of turning your foot inward is giving your opponent a smaller target area, and not to have your body "squared".

Take some class.

JKDfreak
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.
The 2 books I bought are about 1.the principles and strategies and 2.the tools of combat.
I bought them in french because I'm french but I have already read them and it helped me mostly on the principles.
I also spar a lot with a friend who did 7 years of Karate and 2 years of kickboxing and I manage to punch or kick him.He never beat me up till I was flat on the floor.I didn't mention that but I did 3 years of judo.
So I think I'll learn my stance feeling as well as my footwork by sparring a lot and study the moves.That's Self-Discovery.
As nobody answered me quickly I posted my question on other boards and all I have told you about self-discovery I read it from there and also i discovered and understood it myself.
Try to go on http://www.defent.net
if you're interested.

Arys
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: JKD/BJJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing.. The 25 degree inwards thing is just like the Wing Chun stance which is where he derived it.... You point your toes inwards as well as your knees.. Your toes should be 25 degrees inwards and you should be like resting in the stance with your knees bent.. Your heels should be out as far as your shoulders go.. Feet: / \ <---- Thats how it should look
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: