Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Jiu jitsu is no worse than any other art, it could even possibly be advantageous..

Multiple attacker situation, grab one guy, put him in some form of choke, or choke him out to scare the other guys; or threaten to kill him if they come any closer..

Got a guy on the ground, arm-bar him, and threaten to break his arm if his mates come closer, if they come closer apply more pressure and if they come close enough, break his arm.

Knee on stomach, can easily jump to feet..
Horse mount, excellent for hammering the crap out of an aggressive opponent, as soon as he bucks, you jump to your feet & let him have a punch, he'll automatically go back down..

When you take a guy down and put him in your guard, that's stupid.

A lot of people can trade blow for blow on the street, especially with adrenalin and all flowing. But, resisiting JJ is futile! JJ is based on the principle of using a stonger part(s) of your body against your opponent's weaker part. The arm bar is a classic example of this, you've got your 2 legs, back, hips, two arms all on your opponents one arm.

Don't raise the eye gouging, biting, etc argument.. The person doing JJ has a SUPERIOR position to do all this and more without effective retaliation.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

YODA
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't raise the eye gouging, biting, etc argument.. The person doing JJ has a SUPERIOR position to do all this and more without effective retaliation.

--- Exactly! It's amazing how many "deadly art of the eye boink" people don't realise this!

Quote:
When you take a guy down and put him in your guard, that's stupid.

Hmmm..... as a 1st choice I agree. But against bigger & stronger opponents the guard tends to happen whether you like it or not. Here's another point for you to consider.... If you're unlucky enough to end up on the ground against multiple attackers, then the guard may not bt that bad an option. At least you can see them! You can turn & manipulate the opponent as a shield just as in your choke example. If you're in the mount it's much easier to fall foul of a bottle across the back of the head.

Qualified Fitness Instructor (Weights, CV, Circuit, Kinesiology)

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately.. it all depends on the situation what you use and do...

I think it is the basic principle of cross training, learning to be prepared for all situations that MAY occur in a fight.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

tessone
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jujitsu IMO is not the greatest for the streets only because it may be more than one on one. However if its one on one and you are going to the ground and the man who knows more jujitsu will be much better off.

What arts, in your opinion, are good for multiple attackers?

It seems to me this is a weakness of most any martial art--from what I've seen anyway. Defending against multiple attackers and winning reliably is just something that's very hard to do, and unless you're a top MA, no amount of practice will put you on top every time.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

moobrack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the place where I train - we need a gi!

I dont know why? but I suppose it is all about dojo etiquete!

www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: