Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Some of you may or may not like the popular TV show Survivor. (I don't! lol). But, this is the KarateForums.com version and everyone can join. I know you'll like it!

It will be run by Josh (GoldDragon). If you have any ideas for challenges, PM him! We need good ideas!

Here are some general facts:

Each team will have 5-6 people depending on participants.

Teams will be drawn at random.

The first series of events are the team events. In these events, teams are fighting for the Immunity. If a team wins a challenge, then the none of the members of that team can be voted off.

The second series of challenges will be individual challenges. These will consist of challenges that will be won by one person. That person wins an immunity and cannot be voted off.

After each challenge, the participants will PM their votes to GoldDragon along with a message.

These votes will be posted by GoldDragon on the Survivor thread, but the names associated with the votes will not be revealed. You MUST PM YOUR VOTES TO HIM AND NOT POST THEM PUBLICLY.

When it gets down to 4 people, after that event, we will have a vote. The person that gets voted off will be off and will get to take one of the remaining three with him.

That will leave two people and then the 8-10 people that were previously voted off can vote for who they think should be the winner.

If at any time, there is a tie in voting, GoldDragon will have the discretion to choose who he thinks DESERVES should be voted off.

Votes will look like this:

Vote 1: PATRICK
"I just think that its time for you to go."

Vote 2: RUSHMAN
"You just haven't done that well."

Notice how it says who the vote was for - not who voted.

----------

So, if you want to play, anyone is invited! I thought it would be great for the site! I will be the first to reserve a spot now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well jump on the bandwagon Patrick. Sounds fun but rather time consuming ... but....what kind of challenges are we talking about here?? If it were physical....I'm there...but, how do we do a challenge on a forum????

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it could be interesting...I'm not a Survivor fan myself, but let's see how this works out! As long as it's not too time consuming, as Deby says, then I think it would be alot of fun!

Lori

-Unknown-

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you'll be depended on by your team.

Some of the challenges we have now are most posts, Martial Arts quiz, what you know about your fellow posters, etc. If you have suggestions for some, you can PM GoldDragon.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, tennis, lots more.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehehe sounds fun but i probaly wont last...lol better not say that two soon

hey patrick can like leave if you don`t want to play after you started or give better examples of the game and let other people in that want to??????

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(lol)...the game hasn't even started and i've been voted off already...... ..........

i'll give it a try for fun if i can get voted back in the group....................

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamrushman,

Just one vote, may take more to vote you off. I used you as an example and me first, because everyone loves to hate me and then you are one of the longest standing users we have.

Kicker,

I wasn't sure what your question meant, could you rephrase it maybe? I didn't understand.

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, tennis, lots more.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh sorry i guess i just forgot the a`s and other small words!!

well i meant

say if your playing the surviver game and you don`t really want to play like it`s boring to me lets say i don`t want to play anymore would i leave and someone else play that wanted to and only in the early stage of the game and then later in the game would it be just ask if they could vote me off (players that are playing) ???

GoldDragon
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Survivors!!!!

Thank you for your intrest in those who are willing to play and be the KarateForum.com Survivor. I want to thank Partick for this great idea and I hope it goes out for a while.

This is Survivor:
OUTLAST --- OUTWIT---- OUTPLAY!!!!
-----------------------------------------------
Challenges will be set either in quizes, hard scambled Words,or other ideas by the Private Messages that you wish to set off in this Survivor Outake.

The Challenges will begin shortly:
So please stand by and give me Ideas and I will see what I can do.
Thanks and lets see if you can be the KarateForums.com Survior.

Represenitive for Paltalk.com
*-*-*-*-Mouser (Palhelp)*-*-*-*-*-

TKD_McGee
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand. But I am a good Groupie, add me!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9
Jump to: