Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Whitestar
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Jukado Reply with quote

Has anyone ever heard of Jukado? It is a combination of Judo, Karate, Kung Fu and Akido. I would like to know if anyone has train in this style and what it offers.

1) How many people here have train in Jukado?

2) Is it practical on the streets?

3) Is it true that Jukado is more rounded than Judo?

Whitestar

pineapple
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Kajukenbo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of Jukado and I tried to research it but all I could find was what the art consisted of. I'm biased towards mixed arts because I train in a mixed art style myself. I'm sure that it is a good style to learn provided that the founder(s) of the system was(were) truely experienced in these arts and this was the info that I was searching for and was unable to find. Research the founder(s) and if they have the background in the combined arts, I'm sure the style will be good in practical applications.

jukado1
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: jukado self defense

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: jukado self defense Reply with quote

Whitestar: Jukado is Bruce Tegner's attempt to have a system of belt rankings/motivation for those who did not want to study any of the non essentials of self-defense, The techniques are the same as in any system of effective s/d, I saw in another post you were looking for an effective s/d system, Jukado will qualify, as does ww2 hand to hand, The main difference is jukado emphasis's the lower level of attacks, non violent and violent, how to stop and control your attacker, What I would like to say is what most people are likely to face, while HTH emphases the more deadly types of attackers, where you are justified in killing or just totally messing up your attacker. Among the best in HTH is Carl Cestari, Mr Cestari has tapes available on battlefield forum.

TOTAL COMMITMENT

chiflow
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Jukado, Shotokan, Modern Arnis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, Chiflow bows
I have trained in Jukado for about 3 years. what would you like to know?
Yes it is realistic and hardcore, focus is on real life situations as opposed to fancy moves that look good in the curcuits. The Humbo is located in Westbrook Maine. and the Chief Instructor name is Doshu Allen Viernes.
You should be able to locate a web site with a search on the greater portland school of jukado.

hit me up if you have more questions

chiflow

chiflow
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some additional info:

I noticed Jukado1 mentioned a name i was not farmilair with in connection with jukado. The art was Founded by Tery Sue Yamer shes a forth generation Grands master and is ranked in each of the arts. I have trained with her personnaly and can admit without loss of ego there an older woman who could kick my * with ease.
The Jukado Torch has been passed to DoShu Allen Viernes who now Leads Jukado into the Future

It was my understanding that She only promoted about 4 black belts before she retired. Thus Far there are about 6 B-belts from the school in Maine.

I undertsand what you mean about mixed arts, i also feel the same way
but Jukado is an exception
If you have any chance to trian with any jukado student I'm betting it will be nothing but good things

ask them about one leg lifts

jukado1
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: jukado Reply with quote

chiflow: I'm sorry, but I'm not at all familiar with Terry Suyom Mayers, Or the school in Maine, But if you run a search on the jukado name you'll see that it was being used by Bruce Tegner in the mid 1960's. I got my black belt in jukado self defense in 1966, I've seen the Maine schools website, and the school sounds good, I don't know if these folks trained with Bruce or if this version of jukado was just a parallel martial art, But if your happy with it, more power to you.

TOTAL COMMITMENT

chiflow
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Yeah if you got your black-belt in 66 then i dont think theres anyway there connected. Not like it matters, thats interesting i wonder in what ways they are simliar and different. (ME) Jukado brakes the name to translate into basically "ten pure ways" where later in the training you further understand which apects are more focused on within the four arts. My one wish was that there was more focus on the kung-fu style of fighting.
Where is your dojo located?
I hear there is also a martial art supplier named Jukado, i think out of Canada

have a good one
Chiflow

jukado1
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: jukado Reply with quote

chiflow: The easyest way to see and learn about the Bruce Tegner version of jukado would be to buy one of, or pick up from a library a copy of Bruce's book, " Jukado, Beginner to black belt" It will pretty much explain our style of jukado.

TOTAL COMMITMENT

jukado1
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Tegner website. Reply with quote

If anyone is interested here's a link to a Bruce Tegner website.

http://www.geocities.com/brucetegnersociety/

TOTAL COMMITMENT

Dobbersky
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Black Tiger Ashihara Karate Jutsu, Japanese Kickboxing, Cheng Man Ch'ing TaiChi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought that Jukado was as already stated Bruce Tegner's system and was an anamgram of

Ju - Judo
Ka - Karate
Do - Way

I've already ordered the book on this sytem

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: